• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

photo of new bunnies

we have called them biscuit and toffee. Toffee the male (he's the fawn coloured one) is the greediest rabbit ever. she is 2 weeks older and a lot smaller.
is the males normally bigger then the females in the mini lop breed.

we have called them biscuit and toffee. Toffee the male (he's the fawn coloured one) is the greediest rabbit ever. she is 2 weeks older and a lot smaller.
is the males normally bigger then the females in the mini lop breed.

Aww love their names :love:

Erm, yeah initially Harvey (chocolate) was slightly bigger, but I'd say when honey reached about 14 weeks her & Harvey we're the same weight and are still similar sized now. But i'd say there has never really been a big noticeable difference between them! Maybe others have other experiences?

My two are brother & sister and it's not a brilliant picture but here's my two at 10 weeks old;

Last edited:
hello they are lovely bunnies. have you got yours neutered. did you separate them after the op.

hello they are lovely bunnies. have you got yours neutered. did you separate them after the op.

Aww thank you! :) yeah mine were kept together until 11 weeks, I then split them as I saw Harvey go to hump honey. They we're in seperate cages with a play pen each about 4 inches away from each other & luckily they have also been very close bunnies. Harvey got neutered when he turned 4 months old, but we had a huge horrible ordeal with him which has left him with broken legs at the moment so he's currently recovering from that. But I'm still looking to get honey neutered this month, as they are 5 months old tomorrow. Once she is spayed, I'll leave it a further month & after spring fever has passed and re-bond them.

Well that's the plan.. But we'll see how it goes! :) you looking to get both yours neutered and bonded too?

Aww thank you! :) yeah mine were kept together until 11 weeks, I then split them as I saw Harvey go to hump honey. They we're in seperate cages with a play pen each about 4 inches away from each other & luckily they have also been very close bunnies. Harvey got neutered when he turned 4 months old, but we had a huge horrible ordeal with him which has left him with broken legs at the moment so he's currently recovering from that. But I'm still looking to get honey neutered this month, as they are 5 months old tomorrow. Once she is spayed, I'll leave it a further month & after spring fever has passed and re-bond them.

Well that's the plan.. But we'll see how it goes! :) you looking to get both yours neutered and bonded too?

that was really horrible of your vet, he must of been really rough to break his leg, bless him. i will get toffee done when he's six months or so, but i will separate them soon. they seem so happy together i am dreading the re-bonding after reading so many post that have problems. i would love to keep them indoors, but i have a dog and she would go ballistic if they lived in the house. they come in for a cuddle.

Yeah it's been awful.. But he's a brave little man and hopefully on track for a full recovery!

I have now left those vets and signed them up with vets for pets where Ivan (apparently a brilliant rabbit savvy vet works) so fingers crossed they are now in good hands. Aww I know exactly what you mean, I hated separating mine and felt so guilty as they we're so close & stuck to each other like glue! But they we're absolutely fine and still nose rub each other even now. As long as they can smell & see each other, I'm sure your buns will be fine! :)

Yeah I must admit, I'm not looking forward to the re-bonding either, but they are both pretty chilled out buns so I'm hoping it'll be okay. Well initially mine we're going outside, but I just couldn't resist and brought all new indoor stuff. We are still hoping to put them out come may time for the summer but is also depends on Harvey's recovery!

Well your buns are gorgeous & hope their settling in okay xx

Back