• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HOL Table from Ikea - Covering lid?

Hi, I recently brought one of these for my daughters teddies and did think how great it would be for rabbits :)
I wonder if you could tightly staple (sort of upholster) a piece of waterproof fabric or even Lino across the lid and secured underneath it. Not sure if it might be slippy but there may be a non slip Lino that's thin enough. I was going to suggest adding a layer of foam or cork matting for a comfy seat but don't know if that's wise if they are chewers :)

Hi, I recently brought one of these for my daughters teddies and did think how great it would be for rabbits :)
I wonder if you could tightly staple (sort of upholster) a piece of waterproof fabric or even Lino across the lid and secured underneath it. Not sure if it might be slippy but there may be a non slip Lino that's thin enough. I was going to suggest adding a layer of foam or cork matting for a comfy seat but don't know if that's wise if they are chewers :)

Yeah I think I'll steer clear of foam, they prefer to sleep on a hard surface anyway :roll: so if they did decide to sleep up there its probably better that its not foam underneath.

Mine have these and are fine with the lid
Their problem is jumping into the box when the lid is open and landing on an uneven surface (I keep food/toys/newspapers in them)

Back