• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny being neutered today, missing him already!

Theo

Warren Scout
So, I have Thursday's off work and Theo bunny is free to roam the flat all day following me around and running to the kitchen every time he hears the fridge open (he loves kale and broccoli!). Today he is being neutered...he's only been there a few hours and it's strange not having him around!! Is anyone else overly attached to their bunnies? I would take him to work with me every day if it was practical!

Also, any post neuter advice would be great :)

Hope Theo will be ok once home. Try to keep him quiet with no jumping onto anything. Boys sometimes eat as soon as they get home, but others just want to be quiet for a few hours. Leave some of his favourite food down and he should eat it when he is ready. Keep an eye on him in case he starts messing with his wound, he may only be washing himself. He should be back to normal in a few days time.

So, I have Thursday's off work and Theo bunny is free to roam the flat all day following me around and running to the kitchen every time he hears the fridge open (he loves kale and broccoli!). Today he is being neutered...he's only been there a few hours and it's strange not having him around!! Is anyone else overly attached to their bunnies? I would take him to work with me every day if it was practical!

Also, any post neuter advice would be great :)

Yes this sounds perfectly normal for a rabbit lover :thumb:

When he comes home, just check a couple of times a day that there's no swelling at the op site, and of course that he's eating/drinking and weeing/pooing well. If not, give the vet a ring back.

I spent the time Amy was in cleaning her cage/area, then sitting and trying not to fret. I wasn't terribly successful :lol: And then she was groggy and grumpy and I was waiting for her to poo... And then there was a few says of her being too delicate for snuggles, and then she went and got an infection from chewing at her stitches... I was so relieved once she was back to her version of normal.

Try your best to stay calm; make sure you have everything ready. Once you are, find something you can distract yourself with; nothing you can get too heavily involved with because your attention will be divided, no new books, but maybe reread an old one or something like that.

Back