• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I successfully bonded my trio and I FILMED it all! U/D P31

It's taken me 4 days to bond my trio. I adopted 2 rex bunnies to live with my single bun Primrose. I decided to film the whole thing as it might help people who want to bond themselves. I'm not saying this is the right way to bond but it has worked for me so maybe my method will work for you too. It's a long video at 17 mins but I had hours and hours worth of footage :shock: so I think I cut it down pretty well.

Here it is if anyone is interested. It includes bunnies chasing, fur pulling, humping and one or 2 scary fights that I actually had to break up myself. At some points I thought getting these 3 together would be impossible but I succeeded and I'm very happy for the three of them!

If you want to get straight to the bonding and skip me talking :oops: then skip to 2:59 mins. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7QOKF5lDXU

Last edited:
Wow that's really interesting, just watched the whole thing and I must say you have nerves of steel!!

They are beautiful bunnies and look so good together :love:

Wow that's really interesting, just watched the whole thing and I must say you have nerves of steel!!

They are beautiful bunnies and look so good together :love:
I too watched the whole thing and agree that you have nerves of steel. You are really good at bonding and really seems to know exactly what to do. That is a fantastic how to bond video.

Brilliant video!
I planned to film mine but it did it on impulse a week before I'd planned to so I hadn't borrowed the camcorder. Kind of glad since it would have caught my hysterically crying and wishing I'd never got Mack :lol:

Brilliant video!
I planned to film mine but it did it on impulse a week before I'd planned to so I hadn't borrowed the camcorder. Kind of glad since it would have caught my hysterically crying and wishing I'd never got Mack :lol:

:lol:

Thanks everyone! My heart really was pounding at times, it is quite terrifying! So worth it in the end though. :love:

What a great video. They bonded so fast!!! I have only ever done one bond and there was a fair bit of chasing and fur pulling and some big fights (like your two girls) but its all good now and I have a happy quad (two years).

I really like that lovely big deep digging pit that you have for them. I did introduce a smaller one to some of my rabbits and they used them as litter trays ...

Thats a brilliant video!
Thanks for sharing - it will be really helpful for those new to bonding.
You are one brave girl- well done :)

:thumb:.. Can I just say that your video was one of the most informative bits of filming I have seen.

Never having bonded myself, you have my utmost admiration and they are just so gorgeous together...

well done you and Thanks for sharing!!!!

Last edited:
Just watched it and thought it was fantastic!! You were so courageous and calm through it all! Beautiful bunnies and just brilliant to see them so happy. :-D

brilliant video! when i bonded my pair that was hard enough! it went quite similarly to yours with a few fights at the beginning. you are brave!!!

i'm so pleased you filmed it, i wish there were more videos of people bonding rabbits as its so hard to know what is normal!

Brilliant, thanks for sharing that was really interesting! I've bonded 2 pairs successfully but my trio didn't last (hence our 4th rescue lol) so it's great to see someone else's approach.

I watched the whole thing! It was really interesting, I'm very new to bunny ownership (only had Winston for a few weeks) and plan on getting him a lady friend in the next 6 months or so, so it's useful getting some insight into what to expect! Although Winston is such a scardy bun I'm not sure I could handle seeing him get nipped by another bun :|

Great video!!! You carried on where I would have given up - I decided to get a fourth and just have two pairs instead because I just didn't have the nerve for those scraps!! I'm a bit in awe of how easily you handled it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched it all!! I've never bonded, so it was really really interesting. You're so calm.

Love your trio!

One of the things I like is how much your Mum is engaged with them too. They look like real family bunnies!

:love:

Back