• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

4 years since I lost wee Blackberry

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
I still miss the little monkey. He was incredibly nosey, and completely bonkers! Even the vet said he was hyperactive :lol:

His poem, written just after he passed.

Pawprints

S. L. Thornton 2011
There’s a row of tiny paw prints
Leading to the Rainbow Bridge
And it breaks my heart to see them in the dew;
For they go in one direction, and they won’t be coming back,
Though I wish with all my heart it wasn’t true.

As you made that final journey I was with you.
Did you know?
I’d hate you to think you travelled all alone.
Oh, I miss you, little soul mate, but I know you won’t be back.
All that’s left now is the memories
Of the best friend I have known.

You’re at peace now, free from pain at last,
I don’t begrudge you that;
Though I wish we’d had a longer time together.
But your paw prints now have joined with those
Of spirit bunny friends,
And you’ll run through fields of green
Enjoying sunny days forever.

I remember Blackberry being the one of the first RU bunnies I got to 'know' and remember when I joined. Thinking of you :love:

As Liz said Blackberry and co were some of the first RU bunnies I 'knew' and when he went it really hit hard :( A lovely bunny always remembered xxx

Wow, 4 years!! Very sad day that was :cry:
I loved Blackberry, well I loved reading about all of yours and their antics.

The poem is beautiful and made me get a bit teary. Blackberry was obviously a very special bunny and a cheeky one too by the looks of it! It seems he has left you with a lot of amazing memories and although he's no longer with us, they will never fade.

Yeah, your boys were some of the first I knew on here! I remember him going to the Bridge.

((((Hugs))))

I love your poem, it really struck a chord with me. Wish I had been an RU member in those days to read all about his antics; he sounds like a right wee character xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't believe it's been that long!! :shock:

(Formerly Hanlou - can't get my account to work - have messaged the peeps on here!)

He's an RU bunny I often think of when I'm on here. I remember how shocked I was reading your post when he died. But mostly I remember all your posts and funny stories about him xx :love: xx

Big hugs to you xx

Back