• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Rabbit 'rage in Tesco when computer said no.

Den

Mama Doe
Will and Nancy adore Russell Rabbit carrot crunchers. I'm so mean they have one between them with supper so I don't buy them very often.

Today they were top of the shopping list and I noticed the packaging had changed. At the checkout I was informed that the item couldn't be sold to me as it wasn't on the system. I misunderstood and thought the assistant couldn't find the bar code so told her it was different packaging and it was underneath not on the side.

But no she insisted she couldn't sell it to me and put it to one side ! I was already pretty fed up as doing Tesco isn't my favourite thing! plus she was slow and a gossiped. I insisted (on behalf of the buns) that as it was on the shelves I was entitled to buy it and could she call a supervisor. She did but still insisted I couldn't buy it and did I want to swap it for something else. I even told her what it cost.

Supervisor comes over .Assistant tells her 'this lady wants to buy this,it isn't on the system and she won't change it for something else '

Fortunately supervisor could override the computer, asked me what it cost, put it through as grocery and let me have it for £1.50 instead of £1.59.

She's obviously heard of Nancys rage if she doesn't get her treats.:lol:

I hate Tesco I have found too many of their staff rude and unhelpful. I used to manage a customer service company at Gatwick, I am normally ridiculously laid back but I cannot handle bad customer service, I would have got enraged, you did well to remain calm xx

went to a tesco near us around christmas and got a small trolley because I cant carry a basket and put things in and walk as I walk with a stick i can lean on a trolly :p

I had 4 items, and queued in the under 10 or whatever isle. rude cashier who spoke poor english told me to get out of the queue, you could see i was disabled my stick was in the trolley. i didnt understand at first and he then throws a basket into my trolley and points at it telling me to put my things in there if i want to stay in the queue.... I was shocked and appalled... I got out of the queue and queued at the back of a very very long over 10 items queue which took 30-40 mins to sort... I was having a bad leg day so was in pain it didnt help..

once I paid for the items I was going to just leave but then I saw some elderly people and a fellow disabled person enter and I thought no... what if it happens to them, I grabbed a supervisor and explained and they gave me a voucher and apologised they said they will be having stern words with him they looked really shocked too the supervisor nearly swore

glad you got it sorted though what an idiot she was

Will and Nancy adore Russell Rabbit carrot crunchers. I'm so mean they have one between them with supper so I don't buy them very often.

Today they were top of the shopping list and I noticed the packaging had changed. At the checkout I was informed that the item couldn't be sold to me as it wasn't on the system. I misunderstood and thought the assistant couldn't find the bar code so told her it was different packaging and it was underneath not on the side.

But no she insisted she couldn't sell it to me and put it to one side ! I was already pretty fed up as doing Tesco isn't my favourite thing! plus she was slow and a gossiped. I insisted (on behalf of the buns) that as it was on the shelves I was entitled to buy it and could she call a supervisor. She did but still insisted I couldn't buy it and did I want to swap it for something else. I even told her what it cost.

Supervisor comes over .Assistant tells her 'this lady wants to buy this,it isn't on the system and she won't change it for something else '

Fortunately supervisor could override the computer, asked me what it cost, put it through as grocery and let me have it for £1.50 instead of £1.59.

She's obviously heard of Nancys rage if she doesn't get her treats.:lol:

We had a similar problem with dog treats in Wilkinsons a few years back. We'd always bought a certain kind of treat there, couldn't get it anywhere else. Then they stopped doing it. Then they re-appeared on the shelves. So we popped a few packs in the basket, got to the checkout, they wouldn't so were told we couldn't buy them. We went to the customer service desk to query it, and they said they weren't on the system, so even though they were on the shelf with a price label! So we had to leave them I emailed head office to complain - they investigated, said they no longer stocked that item, these were some leftover stock that was put out by mistake. We weren't allowed to buy them, but they did send us a £5 voucher to say sorry.

I have only ever bought a couple of things from Tesco's; I boycott them ever since I read an article that they sell live turtles and tortoises in their stores in Asia. I only ever bought a couple of baby vests last year for Amy because she'd torn out her stitches after her spay and vests were easier than a cone of shame, and it was the only place in my town to get baby clothes cheaply and easily. My mum does shop their every few weeks and I eat what's bought there, but I don't give them any of my money.

I cannot stand Tesco's - apart from the accounts 'fudging' I just find them overpriced and unpleasant places to shop - and I loath and detest the Tesco Express shops - :evil:

Back