• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re an urgent appeal.Rehoming update!

hoppetylop

Mama Doe
Hi all.There is an urgent appeal in the Rabbits in Need section which is abit worrying which I thought I should flag up.The appeal is under the rabbit name "Bruce"but is actually about afew rabbits.(sorry I don't know how to do the link).The rabbits are in Greater Manchester.

Is anyone able to help these buns?The owner seems very distressed and I feel sad for her and the bunnies.

Last edited:
There are 4 females and 2 males (all single) and there are 3 guinea pigs too.The bunnies look in good condition and the (small)hutches they live in atr the moment are clean.The lady took them in from various bad situations and has looked after them but now needs to rehome them urgently.(Working on my OH to have one of them!)

Last edited:
"Perfect with children"...not vaccinated or neutered. I'd be a bit suspicious tbh, especially since the person is moving to a place that won't have animals yet she has animals..:? It's probably an honest plea but please be careful as it may turn out to be a hoarder or breeder etc.

Fingers crossed the animals find their forever homes.

Well I hope people can help, because if not and she ends up phoning the rspca than they may just be pts, because of the numbers already in rescue.

To be fair, she doesn't look to be the usual breeder/hoarder type, as they certainly look clean and well cared for, and even if she were they are still just as worthy of a good home.

I think lots of people are lucky enough to be living somewhere where they can keep pets, and then have to move, and can't find anywhere that will then allow pets. I believe a number of RU bunnies have just had to be rehomed or are having to be for the exact same reason.

Last edited:
I understand what youre saying Vegan Bunny and yes it could all be rather suspicious but I do think this one is genuine.Reading thru all the descriptions of all the bunnies and how she seems to know all the characters and little quirks I believe that she does honestly need help.I feel the bunnies need help anyway whatever the situation may be.

Hello J:wave:

Lady very open.Have been in text contact.

Last edited:
How have you seen pictures etc? I'm probably being dim but I can only see the info about Bruce, do you have any details about the other rabbits and the guinea pigs? Xx

I'd be a bit suspicious tbh, especially since the person is moving to a place that won't have animals yet she has animals..:?

I'm not sure why that's considered suspicious? If your landlord sells up and you have to move in a hurry, it's easily possible that you won't be able to find another place that will accept pets. They are quite sparse sadly.

Thankyou, I had seen the rabbits I just didn't realise it was them. Sorry I am very tired and was being extremely dim. If the guinea pigs had been female I would have been able to help with them but sadly I can't take any males xx

Thankyou, I had seen the rabbits I just didn't realise it was them. Sorry I am very tired and was being extremely dim. If the guinea pigs had been female I would have been able to help with them but sadly I can't take any males xx

Im the same.I have two male guineas who get on okish but might be happier with a girlie each.

The lady is emailing me later with extra details.She does seem very genuine and friendly and very concerned about her situation.

Im the same.I have two male guineas who get on okish but might be happier with a girlie each.

The lady is emailing me later with extra details.She does seem very genuine and friendly and very concerned about her situation.
Bless her, what a horrible situation to be in xx

Hi there everyone. The kind hoppetylop has taken it upon herself to post on here for me. I was not aware of it existing.

To those of you wondering if I breed or hoard the answer is no.

My ex and I used to take them in when people couldn't look after them or posted that they were giving rabbits and guinea pigs away on sites like freecycle and that has been this way for the past 5 years.

Whilst they are not vaccinated or neutered they are all housed separatly and have equal time spent running around the massive gardens that surround the house.

Unfortunately the landlords to this house are my ex's parents and when said ex decided he did not want to be with me anymore not only did he wipe his hands of his responsibilities towards the animals and shacked up with what was our mutual best friend , his parents have done a posession order leaving me with 2 months to find somewhere else to live as well as re home the animals. ( I have to be out by the 31st March)

If I could take them with me I would. I can't. I am desperate and I am not a 'poor me' type person but I would appreciate it if you could choose not to judge me and recognise the kindness of someone who saw my predicament online. I don't mean that to sound defensive, I am just stuck and trying to get on with it and be positive and actually respect those who might find it suspicious as it shows they care genuinely. When I was trimming nails and brushing them earlier, Bruce got on my knee and I just burst into tears as one of the things I enjoyed most about bonding with the animals was providing them with reiki healing and chakra cleansing. It makes me kinda sensitive to when they are sad or happy. They are not stupid and I know they know something is not right. I am guessing Bruce is as sensitive as me :(

It is hard enough going through a break up, let alone being evicted and having zero help from what was once going to be in-laws and a fiance to help with rehoming the animals. I do my best with them and I am even paying an extra months rent to keep them here rather than left to starve which is what I am most afraid of.

I have flyers up in local schools and shops and my own parents who already have a bunny are helping to spread more flyers around to try and get the word out. I did have a girl phone interested in taking one on Friday this week (27th feb) so all being well she will do and bunny will go to a happy safe and loving home.

One rabbit was living in an outhouse in the pitchblack with a carrot thrown in once a week when a neighbour to the then owner called round to see me as she had seen my animals in my garden and thought I may help. He is called Morris.

Another was literally living in a cat carrier in a house full of 5 or 6 cats. She is called Smudge. A cardboard box would have made her happy compared to her then home.

Bruce was left on my doorstep (my house is directly opposite a shop so local people recognise my home and the animals) so I think someone just figured it was easier than looking after him

Madeline was from a family that 'got bored' and the pregnant mother decided that she was a mistake and didn't want to deal with her anymore.

Thumper is a bunny I have had for 5 years. My ex bought her from the dreaded pets at home adoption thing.

Sweetie was from a seemingly loving home but the daughter was going to university. I thought perhaps a bad choice for a birthday present was the most likely scenario.

The 3 guinea pigs are all male and apparantly from the same mother. A family who used to live around the corner were careless breeders and when I saw them and recognised the situation I took them off their hands.

So please do not think it is from a selfish perspective that I am choosing to move house and can't be bothered with them. They have always been my babies deep down and I am a 32 year old self employed home worker so I get lots of time to spend with them. I don't have a car and despite asking my ex and the landlords no one will take a trip to the tip with bin bags of poos and sawdust etc so I have to everyday try and beat other people to the public bins which I know is kind of sad but what other options do I have with so many animals.

Thankyou for reading. I will update my profiles online when I can upload more photos of sweetie and also the 3 guinea pigs. Whilst they dont have massive homes to live in, they get a lot of running time in the garden and right now I could use a hand not criticism as I really am doing the best I can under the circumstances. I never went out one day to buy multiple pets.

Last edited:
What an awful situation to be in Victoriawhitlegge; I really feel for you. It would be a nightmare to be in your scenario and you are absolutely doing the best you can. I really wish you well and am praying that you find a solution quickly xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for taking the time to post about your situation and I am so sorry that you are in this awful position. It sounds to me like you love those animals dearly so it must be really heartbreaking having to rehome them. I for one did not think your situation was suspicious and I truly saw you as genuine (which you are) as instead of abandoning these animals you are trying your hardest to find them a new home and I respect you for that. I already have 3 rabbits and 4 guinea pigs so cannot rehome any unfortunately but I do hope you find homes for them all soon. xx

Hello Victoriawhitelegge:wave:Im so glad you posted on here with your situation in your own words.Im so sorry if you felt judged,sadly sometimes on a pro rescue site like this we find people who are not genuine and become suspicious as to their reasons for rehoming unlike you who has very genuine reasons. This is why there may have been concerns but obviously now you have been able to explain your situation to everyone so we can understand your very real predicament.I hope it was still ok to highlight your plight and I hope that some good can come out of it.I certainly didn't mean to cause you any further stress.cx

Back