PDA

View Full Version : Re an urgent appeal.Rehoming update!

hoppetylop
25-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Hi all.There is an urgent appeal in the Rabbits in Need section which is abit worrying which I thought I should flag up.The appeal is under the rabbit name "Bruce"but is actually about afew rabbits.(sorry I don't know how to do the link).The rabbits are in Greater Manchester.

Is anyone able to help these buns?The owner seems very distressed and I feel sad for her and the bunnies.

happybun
25-02-2015, 05:54 PM
can't find it, sorry...

Tamsin
25-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Here' ome info: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/moreinfo.asp?RabID=36665

SarahP
25-02-2015, 06:04 PM
That does sound quite desperate. I hope someone can help. :(

hoppetylop
25-02-2015, 06:28 PM
There are 4 females and 2 males (all single) and there are 3 guinea pigs too.The bunnies look in good condition and the (small)hutches they live in atr the moment are clean.The lady took them in from various bad situations and has looked after them but now needs to rehome them urgently.(Working on my OH to have one of them!)

Vegan_Bunny
25-02-2015, 06:46 PM
"Perfect with children"...not vaccinated or neutered. I'd be a bit suspicious tbh, especially since the person is moving to a place that won't have animals yet she has animals..:? It's probably an honest plea but please be careful as it may turn out to be a hoarder or breeder etc.

Fingers crossed the animals find their forever homes.

RogerRabbit999
25-02-2015, 06:59 PM
Well I hope people can help, because if not and she ends up phoning the rspca than they may just be pts, because of the numbers already in rescue.

To be fair, she doesn't look to be the usual breeder/hoarder type, as they certainly look clean and well cared for, and even if she were they are still just as worthy of a good home.

I think lots of people are lucky enough to be living somewhere where they can keep pets, and then have to move, and can't find anywhere that will then allow pets. I believe a number of RU bunnies have just had to be rehomed or are having to be for the exact same reason.

hoppetylop
25-02-2015, 08:07 PM
I understand what youre saying Vegan Bunny and yes it could all be rather suspicious but I do think this one is genuine.Reading thru all the descriptions of all the bunnies and how she seems to know all the characters and little quirks I believe that she does honestly need help.I feel the bunnies need help anyway whatever the situation may be.

Hello J:wave:

Lady very open.Have been in text contact.

mushlett
25-02-2015, 08:25 PM
How have you seen pictures etc? I'm probably being dim but I can only see the info about Bruce, do you have any details about the other rabbits and the guinea pigs? Xx

happybunny
25-02-2015, 08:34 PM
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?ContID=8779

http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/gp/moreinfo.asp?GpigID=9683

http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/gp/moreinfo.asp?GpigID=9685

http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/gp/moreinfo.asp?GpigID=9681

clutterydrawer
25-02-2015, 08:37 PM
I'd be a bit suspicious tbh, especially since the person is moving to a place that won't have animals yet she has animals..:?

I'm not sure why that's considered suspicious? If your landlord sells up and you have to move in a hurry, it's easily possible that you won't be able to find another place that will accept pets. They are quite sparse sadly.

mushlett
25-02-2015, 08:43 PM
http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?ContID=8779

http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/gp/moreinfo.asp?GpigID=9683

http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/gp/moreinfo.asp?GpigID=9685

http://www.guineapigrehome.org.uk/gp/moreinfo.asp?GpigID=9681

Thankyou, I had seen the rabbits I just didn't realise it was them. Sorry I am very tired and was being extremely dim. If the guinea pigs had been female I would have been able to help with them but sadly I can't take any males xx

hoppetylop
25-02-2015, 09:12 PM
Thankyou, I had seen the rabbits I just didn't realise it was them. Sorry I am very tired and was being extremely dim. If the guinea pigs had been female I would have been able to help with them but sadly I can't take any males xx

Im the same.I have two male guineas who get on okish but might be happier with a girlie each.

The lady is emailing me later with extra details.She does seem very genuine and friendly and very concerned about her situation.

mushlett
25-02-2015, 09:28 PM
Im the same.I have two male guineas who get on okish but might be happier with a girlie each.

The lady is emailing me later with extra details.She does seem very genuine and friendly and very concerned about her situation.
Bless her, what a horrible situation to be in xx

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
25-02-2015, 10:37 PM
What a sad situation the owner is in :( I so hope people can take them on.

Victoriawhitelegge
25-02-2015, 11:25 PM
Hi there everyone. The kind hoppetylop has taken it upon herself to post on here for me. I was not aware of it existing.

To those of you wondering if I breed or hoard the answer is no.

My ex and I used to take them in when people couldn't look after them or posted that they were giving rabbits and guinea pigs away on sites like freecycle and that has been this way for the past 5 years.

Whilst they are not vaccinated or neutered they are all housed separatly and have equal time spent running around the massive gardens that surround the house.

Unfortunately the landlords to this house are my ex's parents and when said ex decided he did not want to be with me anymore not only did he wipe his hands of his responsibilities towards the animals and shacked up with what was our mutual best friend , his parents have done a posession order leaving me with 2 months to find somewhere else to live as well as re home the animals. ( I have to be out by the 31st March)

If I could take them with me I would. I can't. I am desperate and I am not a 'poor me' type person but I would appreciate it if you could choose not to judge me and recognise the kindness of someone who saw my predicament online. I don't mean that to sound defensive, I am just stuck and trying to get on with it and be positive and actually respect those who might find it suspicious as it shows they care genuinely. When I was trimming nails and brushing them earlier, Bruce got on my knee and I just burst into tears as one of the things I enjoyed most about bonding with the animals was providing them with reiki healing and chakra cleansing. It makes me kinda sensitive to when they are sad or happy. They are not stupid and I know they know something is not right. I am guessing Bruce is as sensitive as me :(

It is hard enough going through a break up, let alone being evicted and having zero help from what was once going to be in-laws and a fiance to help with rehoming the animals. I do my best with them and I am even paying an extra months rent to keep them here rather than left to starve which is what I am most afraid of.

I have flyers up in local schools and shops and my own parents who already have a bunny are helping to spread more flyers around to try and get the word out. I did have a girl phone interested in taking one on Friday this week (27th feb) so all being well she will do and bunny will go to a happy safe and loving home.

One rabbit was living in an outhouse in the pitchblack with a carrot thrown in once a week when a neighbour to the then owner called round to see me as she had seen my animals in my garden and thought I may help. He is called Morris.

Another was literally living in a cat carrier in a house full of 5 or 6 cats. She is called Smudge. A cardboard box would have made her happy compared to her then home.

Bruce was left on my doorstep (my house is directly opposite a shop so local people recognise my home and the animals) so I think someone just figured it was easier than looking after him

Madeline was from a family that 'got bored' and the pregnant mother decided that she was a mistake and didn't want to deal with her anymore.

Thumper is a bunny I have had for 5 years. My ex bought her from the dreaded pets at home adoption thing.

Sweetie was from a seemingly loving home but the daughter was going to university. I thought perhaps a bad choice for a birthday present was the most likely scenario.

The 3 guinea pigs are all male and apparantly from the same mother. A family who used to live around the corner were careless breeders and when I saw them and recognised the situation I took them off their hands.

So please do not think it is from a selfish perspective that I am choosing to move house and can't be bothered with them. They have always been my babies deep down and I am a 32 year old self employed home worker so I get lots of time to spend with them. I don't have a car and despite asking my ex and the landlords no one will take a trip to the tip with bin bags of poos and sawdust etc so I have to everyday try and beat other people to the public bins which I know is kind of sad but what other options do I have with so many animals.

Thankyou for reading. I will update my profiles online when I can upload more photos of sweetie and also the 3 guinea pigs. Whilst they dont have massive homes to live in, they get a lot of running time in the garden and right now I could use a hand not criticism as I really am doing the best I can under the circumstances. I never went out one day to buy multiple pets.

Mandmcc
25-02-2015, 11:49 PM
What an awful situation to be in Victoriawhitlegge; I really feel for you. It would be a nightmare to be in your scenario and you are absolutely doing the best you can. I really wish you well and am praying that you find a solution quickly xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Thank you for taking the time to post about your situation and I am so sorry that you are in this awful position. It sounds to me like you love those animals dearly so it must be really heartbreaking having to rehome them. I for one did not think your situation was suspicious and I truly saw you as genuine (which you are) as instead of abandoning these animals you are trying your hardest to find them a new home and I respect you for that. I already have 3 rabbits and 4 guinea pigs so cannot rehome any unfortunately but I do hope you find homes for them all soon. xx

BigBunnyBenji
25-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Is there any update on this?

hoppetylop
26-02-2015, 12:55 AM
Hello Victoriawhitelegge:wave:Im so glad you posted on here with your situation in your own words.Im so sorry if you felt judged,sadly sometimes on a pro rescue site like this we find people who are not genuine and become suspicious as to their reasons for rehoming unlike you who has very genuine reasons. This is why there may have been concerns but obviously now you have been able to explain your situation to everyone so we can understand your very real predicament.I hope it was still ok to highlight your plight and I hope that some good can come out of it.I certainly didn't mean to cause you any further stress.cx

RogerRabbit999
26-02-2015, 01:36 AM
I'm so so sorry that you find yourself in this absolutely terrible situation that you never expected to be in. If there is one of your rabbits that you are finding especially hard to have to let go, then I am happy to in effect foster that bunny for you, and neuter, vaccinate, and then when ypur luck changes which it will do, then you can look forward to having your bunny back.

Maybe you won't feel quite so sad then, if you can still actually keep one, but you need time to sort out things in your life.

You may well find that when you have been in your new place a few months, and have proved yourself a good tenant, that they may well agree to you having a rabbit then. This is what happened to myself in the past, and actually when I approached the letting agent, they did clarify that the 'no pets' clause in general applies to cats and dogs, and the biggest concern is usually dogs left barking everyday, but my then landlord was perfectly ok with my then rabbit.

Have you actually asked about keeping a rabbit, or are you reading a 'no pets' clause as absolutely no pets, because that may well not be the case, especially if you will be working from home, and can guarantee that the rabbit will never be left loose whilst unattended.

It sounds like your buns have already suffered terribly, and I will definately help you out with one of them, and as I said if there is one you would love to have back one day, then I am happy to have that one for you. I would be very surprised if you couldn't have one at your new place in a few months, especially with you working from home.

SJH
26-02-2015, 07:36 AM
What a horrid situation for you and your furries. I'm afraid I'm not in a position to help but all paws here are crossed for you.

Kermit
26-02-2015, 07:56 AM
How sad :(
Can you not even keep one or two?

What a lovely offer from RogerRabbit999 :)

Tracy
26-02-2015, 08:55 AM
This is so sad :(

I can't help with taking any animals myself, but I can offer help with transport if homes can be found further afield.

hoppetylop
26-02-2015, 09:39 AM
I have contacted a couple of rescues near me and would do some transporting if space could be found in either.

Thankyou for the other offers of help.x

Fellie
26-02-2015, 10:35 AM
Oh God - I am so very sorry you find yourself in such an awful situation :cry: I am so upset to read this. I really wish I could help but we just have no space.

I truely hope and pray that there is a happy resolution to this.

Mega Hugs to you.xxx

hoppetylop
26-02-2015, 11:37 AM
Rescue space for guinea pigs offered in Oxfordshire which I know is a long way away but if no other offers come forward in time could we maybe sort out a transport relay???Just heard can take rabbits too but the rescue needs help with neutering costs so if we say that's a POSSIBLE backup if time is running out and we are running out of options??This is provided that in the meantime the rescue doesn't have a massive intake of course.Its not a large one.Im happy to do some transporting there or anywhere as part of a relay.

Victoriawhitelegge
26-02-2015, 12:24 PM
Aww thanks people. I don't know how to add names into each post to show appreciation as I haven't much experience with forums! I appreciate everything hoppertylop has done by just posting on here so no stress caused, just didn't want to seem irresponsible :D Also sometimes when you write things, it doesn't convey the feelings behind them and this is one of the nicest things that has happened so far. Ultimately it is horrible to say goodbye to them all. Having said that I know it is for their wellbeing and when they are all gone from me I am sure my mind will be a little more at ease knowing that they are in a better place.

I will add details of guinea pigs with pictures soon. xxxx

Tracy
26-02-2015, 12:29 PM
If they are going to Oxford, I could travel across to the M1 and then do a good stretch southwards. Would need someone to get them from Manchester over to the M1, or at least a bit nearer to the M1.

Sarah1989
26-02-2015, 12:32 PM
If they are going to Oxford, I could travel across to the M1 and then do a good stretch southwards. Would need someone to get them from Manchester over to the M1, or at least a bit nearer to the M1.

I'm in Sheffield so can get them from Manchester to somewhere on the m1 if needed? I can't take any myself, but I want to help if possible. I really feel for you, especially as having been in a similar situation myself in the past.

hoppetylop
26-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Thanks Tracy.If someone could do the first bit I could meet you at a services on the M1 and carry on to Oxfordshire.

In the meantime if anyone nearer to Manchester is able to help with a rescue place or offering a home to any of them that would be so brilliant.:thumb:

hoppetylop
26-02-2015, 12:41 PM
Sorry Sarah 1989,we cross posted.Thats a great offer thanks.

louise200
26-02-2015, 12:42 PM
Hi, I would also be happy to help with transport runs. X

hoppetylop
26-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Hi, I would also be happy to help with transport runs. X

Brilliant thanks.Where are you?!

louise200
26-02-2015, 12:49 PM

Victoriawhitelegge
26-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Hi!
I just got this email someone found me on rabbit rehome regarding guinea pigs...

Hi Victoria

I have seen your appeal on Rabbit Rehome. I haven't got space for any more rabbits, but could take your guineas if that would help?

Are they males or females? Are they neutered?

I have two guinea pigs at the moment and have kept piggies for many years. My pigs live inside over the winter and then have a hutch and run outside for the rest of the year, with another run on the grass for when the weather is dry. I live in South Cheshire so not far away.

Please let me know if I can help. I am sorry you find yourself in this position

Helen

I also just literally got an email from someone wanting one guinea pig but no idea where they are.

I really love that people are helping to do the run to manchester then down again and now I dont want to seem ungrateful if I were to go with the cheshire lady lol

Also another update...Louise200 has kindly offered to potentially take smudge.

Will keep you posted

louise200
26-02-2015, 01:10 PM
:love: :-)

MightyMax
26-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Aww thanks people. I don't know how to add names into each post to show appreciation as I haven't much experience with forums! I appreciate everything hoppertylop has done by just posting on here so no stress caused, just didn't want to seem irresponsible :D Also sometimes when you write things, it doesn't convey the feelings behind them and this is one of the nicest things that has happened so far. Ultimately it is horrible to say goodbye to them all. Having said that I know it is for their wellbeing and when they are all gone from me I am sure my mind will be a little more at ease knowing that they are in a better place.

I will add details of guinea pigs with pictures soon. xxxx

I was very touched by your email expressing all that's going on for you right now. I'm so sorry you find yourself in this position, especially when people are involved that you might have felt you could trust (your family-to-be as it were). It must be devastating, and to have the responsibility of those little ones on top ... :cry:

You are in the right place here (though it may not have seemed it at first!) .. but there are some special people who have and will come forward to help, just like RogerRabbit99. There is some time left to sort the furries, so concentrate on keeping yourself strong for your own move.

Millions of good luck vibes xxx

bunslave
26-02-2015, 01:29 PM
Hiya. I'm In Manchester area and whilst I can't take on any more rabbits I can help with transport.
Also I think I may know who the Cheshire person offering to take your piggies may be and if I'm right, can guarantee they will have a 5 star home with a very savvy owner. :wave:

louise200
26-02-2015, 01:59 PM
Just realised I should clarify, *if* I check out ok for green light to adopt Smudge I'll be making the whole trip and can help transport other animals if applicable at the time.

Victoriawhitelegge
26-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Rabbit rehome is taking too long for me to upload photos so i have thrown this web page together for photos of sweetie (indoor bunny) and the 3 male guineas. None are neutered or vaccinated. (sorry x)

http://bit.ly/1AvysWj

Victoriawhitelegge
26-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Just sorting out orientations etc..

Victoriawhitelegge
26-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Sorted out rotations but just cant get them to stick...just wasting 15 mins lol

Victoriawhitelegge
26-02-2015, 02:50 PM
Organising guineas to be picked up weekend of the 7th march at some point. Thankyou for your help on this and i will now stop posting every 5 minutes lol

26-02-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm so so sorry that you find yourself in this absolutely terrible situation that you never expected to be in. If there is one of your rabbits that you are finding especially hard to have to let go, then I am happy to in effect foster that bunny for you, and neuter, vaccinate, and then when ypur luck changes which it will do, then you can look forward to having your bunny back.

Maybe you won't feel quite so sad then, if you can still actually keep one, but you need time to sort out things in your life.

You may well find that when you have been in your new place a few months, and have proved yourself a good tenant, that they may well agree to you having a rabbit then. This is what happened to myself in the past, and actually when I approached the letting agent, they did clarify that the 'no pets' clause in general applies to cats and dogs, and the biggest concern is usually dogs left barking everyday, but my then landlord was perfectly ok with my then rabbit.

Have you actually asked about keeping a rabbit, or are you reading a 'no pets' clause as absolutely no pets, because that may well not be the case, especially if you will be working from home, and can guarantee that the rabbit will never be left loose whilst unattended.

It sounds like your buns have already suffered terribly, and I will definately help you out with one of them, and as I said if there is one you would love to have back one day, then I am happy to have that one for you. I would be very surprised if you couldn't have one at your new place in a few months, especially with you working from home.

What a lovely offer! :love:

hoppetylop
26-02-2015, 07:05 PM
So that's the guinea pigs and a bunny with potential homes already and RR999s very kind offer.:thumb:

The rescue spaces in Oxfordshire remain open to these bunnies.If we have any remaining ones when Victorias move is imminent can we arrange a rabbit relay then to get them to Oxfordshire?That way there is a backup plan.Im still happy to do some of the transporting.Hope that's ok with everyone.

Tracy
26-02-2015, 07:30 PM
So that's the guinea pigs and a bunny with potential homes already and RR999s very kind offer.:thumb:

The rescue spaces in Oxfordshire remain open to these bunnies.If we have any remaining ones when Victorias move is imminent can we arrange a rabbit relay then to get them to Oxfordshire?That way there is a backup plan.Im still happy to do some of the transporting.Hope that's ok with everyone.

This is fine with me. Just give me a shout if I'm needed for the back up plan.

So glad that this is getting sorted. :D

hoppetylop
26-02-2015, 07:52 PM
Rabbit rehome is taking too long for me to upload photos so i have thrown this web page together for photos of sweetie (indoor bunny) and the 3 male guineas. None are neutered or vaccinated. (sorry x)

http://bit.ly/1AvysWj

This is a great idea Victoria!Please can I just say one thing-as Sweetie isn't neutered please be careful where she is homed so she doesn't end up with a breeder or someone who will be irresponsible and house her with an intact male.We try to keep the bunny numbers down where possible!!Hope you don't mind me saying:oops:

Victoriawhitelegge
26-02-2015, 11:36 PM
What a lovely offer! :love:

I didn't even see that and I read the message (having a stupid day or two i think) SOO Nice! Well I would recommend Bruce to you Rogerrabbit999 that means that only 3 need to go to Oxfordshire in theory...am I right with that? losing the ability to think lol... maybe send me an email? victoria.whitelegge@hotmail.com and we can make arrangements?

Clare-uk
27-02-2015, 12:11 AM
You guys are all like the A-Team when there are appeals like this :love: for some very special people, really brings happy tears to my eyes :)

Victoriawhitelegge
27-02-2015, 12:39 AM
You and me both Clare-Uk...Hoppertylop I sent RogerRabbit999 a pm asking if he would take her upon second thoughts about Bruce..shes been inside more and there is that about being female. The website thing was just so people could see the guinea pigs really and her as i was missing pics :D not to advertise it anywhere. Regarding the rabbit relay mission we are looking at 3 bunnies in theory now (so much less extreme thank goodness) which are Morris, Bruce and Thumper. I have someone who has offered to help who lives in Swindon but was until recently working in Oxford so knows round there a little. I can ask people to help with this if you let me know where to and from they need to be to help you if that even makes sense? thankyou Ateam lol

hoppetylop
27-02-2015, 12:58 AM
That's a very good idea regarding Sweetie,Victoria.RogerRabbit999(whos actually a lady!)would,I know,really look after Sweetie.

Would the person in Swindon be looking to rehome or help with transport?:)

hoppetylop
27-02-2015, 01:08 AM
I did actually bump into the lady who runs the rescue in the vet this afternoon.She is ready to help if/when necessary.She will be pleased to know that some of the bunnies and all the piggies have found potential homes.
The appeal still stands of course and if there are more potential homes out there via RU that would be brilliant.:thumb:

Mandmcc
27-02-2015, 07:37 AM
You guys are all like the A-Team when there are appeals like this :love: for some very special people, really brings happy tears to my eyes :)

I agree with this; it's amazing to see people pull together to help and stranger and her bunnies / piggies. Honestly it restores my faith in human kind!

louise200
27-02-2015, 08:42 AM
We are definitely taking Smudge :p Thank you for agreeing to us Victoria :love: With her "she thinks she is a cat" I thought she would not be phased by our two female cats (they are very gentle but not on the poor mice :shock: ..

Redhelen
27-02-2015, 10:07 AM
I am collecting the piggies next Saturday so I might see you there :wave: I am going to get them all neutered asap and then they can live with my two girls. :love:

I am soooo pleased that the buns are sorted too. Its so sad when a good owner finds themselves in such a terrible situation, but its lovely how you have all pulled together to make sure the rabbits are safe.

You're all fab :love:

louise200
27-02-2015, 12:27 PM
I am collecting the piggies next Saturday so I might see you there :wave: I am going to get them all neutered asap and then they can live with my two girls. :love:
:

Ah brilliant! :D That's fantastic. piggies are adorable! :love:

Victoriawhitelegge
27-02-2015, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone.

Trust me to put my foot in it and think Rogerrabbit999 is a man LOL! oops I apologise..i guess the image of roger rabbit popped into my head :D

The swindon person is happy to help transport as can't rehome sadly. I know this weekend is out as he is working but the weekend after 7th & 8th he might be here in Manchester going back on Sunday evening if that is of any use. Maybe setting that weekend as the oxfordshire relay is a good idea and if I rehome any of the 4 remaining between now and then, ultimately it lightens the load. Still happy to help with neutering as I mentioned to you Hoppertylop even if it ends up as being one bunny that is going. :D

I am so excited for them all...I am taking myself out of the situation and not feeling sad as there is no good that can come of that. It really is so kind of you all for helping me. Madeline is being collected between 4 and 5pm today so going to make sure she is settled before she goes and has a last run in the garden :D

I would love to see some photos of Herod lol he sounds great!

27-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Brilliant news, so lovely to see everyone coming together for these animals! :) Fab news that some of them are being neutered and paired up with rabbit friends too. :love:

Victoriawhitelegge
27-02-2015, 06:55 PM
Latest updates:

Madeline..Definitely rehomed but hutch didn't fit into car so husband is coming tomorrow with his work van. Met the mother and the 16 year old daughter and her little sister. Spent about half an hour asking lots of positive questions and Madeline bonded with them brilliantly which made me so happy. The mum has had a rabbit in the past so has some basic knowledge but gave them a list of useful info and a couple of books on rabbits and included a link to the forum here, explaining that people like to hear the success stories etc. Really happy that both Madeline and a seemingly wonderful family who have a nice big garden are a great fit. I think Madeline just secretly wanted one more night here lol! It was lovely that they brought a carrier with them as showed they were thinking in the right way. They live round the corner from my parents so i was going to loan them my own carrier to drop off at my parents but was nice that it was not needed :D

Bruce ..Madelines new owners have a friend who is looking for a bunny and I think they wanted to see what I was like and the condition of the other rabbits before mentioning me to him ( which I think is really responsible and well considered..more brownie points to them ) and she asked if they could pass my number onto him which I said yes to and after showing her Bruce as he was out in his run, I suggested that would make a great fit based on what she was telling me. So although not confirmed I think there might be a home for him too! I asked if she would encourage the person to get intouch by the end of this weekend coming as I mentioned he may end up in Oxfordshire otherwise so hopefully that will be tomorrow when i hear from them.

Smudge as mentioned in previous posts has a new home and is being picked up on Sat 7th (Woo!)

Guinea pigs Pringle, Dunca, Merci as also mentioned being picked up on Sat 7th (Woo!)

Sweetie is hopefully going to RogerRabbit999 (whom I now realise is a woman and I am so sorry for that lol) But awaiting a response on pm message on here. I can't see it being an issue given the kind message..just assume work or other things are keeping her busy x

Morris & Thumper are the remaining buns that are looking likely to go to Oxfordshire weekend of the 7th & 8th March if that is an OK date, I am very flexible on this and appreciate the offers.

hoppetylop
27-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Sound very positive Victoria.I really hope Bruce and Madelines new owners decide to join us on the forum so we can see an update and help them if they have any questions.
Wil post properly abit later.have to pick up OH from work:)

Vegan_Bunny
27-02-2015, 08:43 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say welcome to the forum. :wave: Sorry for my suspicions but I have been told many lies in the past by people who seem to genuinely be in trouble and need to desperately rehome their animals when in fact they just don't want them anymore, have bred them and realised how much work is involved/realised they can't sell the babies or hoard animals and "rehome" them to make room for more. :(
I didn't mean for people to not want to help but just to be careful of the reason behind the rehoming as it could have ended up being a RSPCA case and getting rather messy!

I am very sorry to hear of your awful situation. I do wish I could do something for you. The only thing I can offer (although it looks like you are pretty sorted!) is a rabbit run. I am going to Hull on Friday for a concert and could possibly offer to take a bun or two back with me (if they could get to Hull..I know it's not exactly near to Manchester) if somebody is willing to rehome them. I am from Middlesbrough and I know it's a long shot, but if anybody does offer them a home and somebody could get them to Hull...I'll be there. :wave::lol:

hoppetylop
27-02-2015, 09:04 PM
Louise200 and Redhelen you are stars!Can we have updates and if possible piccies when you have your new fur babies?!

So we are down to a possible 2 for the Oxfordshire rescue.Thats really great-what a response!RU is an amazing forum.So many kind,helpful people.:D

hoppetylop
27-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Just wanted to drop in and say welcome to the forum. :wave: Sorry for my suspicions but I have been told many lies in the past by people who seem to genuinely be in trouble and need to desperately rehome their animals when in fact they just don't want them anymore, have bred them and realised how much work is involved/realised they can't sell the babies or hoard animals and "rehome" them to make room for more. :(
I didn't mean for people to not want to help but just to be careful of the reason behind the rehoming as it could have ended up being a RSPCA case and getting rather messy!

I am very sorry to hear of your awful situation. I do wish I could do something for you. The only thing I can offer (although it looks like you are pretty sorted!) is a rabbit run. I am going to Hull on Friday for a concert and could possibly offer to take a bun or two back with me (if they could get to Hull..I know it's not exactly near to Manchester) if somebody is willing to rehome them. I am from Middlesbrough and I know it's a long shot, but if anybody does offer them a home and somebody could get them to Hull...I'll be there. :wave::lol:

That's a great offer Vegan Bunny.I can understand what you mean tho-so many not genuine but there was something about Victorias appeal that just stood out:)

louise200
28-02-2015, 07:39 AM
Louise200 and Redhelen you are stars!Can we have updates and if possible piccies when you have your new fur babies?!

Definitely! I cannot wait to meet her, so excited!

hoppetylop
28-02-2015, 09:13 AM
]http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?ContID=8779

The two remaining bunnies are Morris and Thumper.Everybun else has a potential home or foster care.
Their rescue places are ready but IF we could find a forever home for these little ones it would be amazing.

Thats great louise200!Looking forward to the updates:D

Zoobec
28-02-2015, 09:53 AM
This is amazing :thumb: I love RU, it is brilliant :love::love::love:

Victoriawhitelegge
28-02-2015, 10:14 AM
Vegan Bunny I love your video on bonding :D You seem so lovely ... reminded me of my dad using gloves before he was ever used to handling rabbits..prior to Dave the bunny my parents have now..he had only ever had a tortoise when he was a kid and when I went round to show him how to clean the hutch and get him used to the bun, he appeared out the garade with these almighty industrial gloves on like in preparation hahaha! Thankfully he can handle him without gloves now lol but it was so funny watching my dad prepare the same way he would for some DIY! ;D

Hoppertylop made a good suggestion to detail a little more about the two remaining buns :

Thumper is about 5 years old now and still going strong. The first bunny I had as my ex bought her from pets at home rehoming/adoption thing. She did have her vaccinations at the time but I have no record of it on paper anymore hence why I have not listed her as vaccinated. She is very independent and equally as loving. White albino and quite vocal depending on her mood. She likes to play hard to get sometimes as is her sense of humour so when you go to pick her up out of her hutch she often pretends like she doesnt want to come out but if you turn away will nudge you or come back..convinced over the years she is playing the longest game of hide and seek with herself :D Very easy to handle and loves digging when she gets the chance. Never happier than when she is full of mud or soil really just a born inquisitive explorer. Because of how the hutches are lined up..it is a very sociable atmosphere for them so whilst not bonded and in a hutch with anyone, whichever rabbit is left to roam free in the secure garden, they will go to each hutch and have a sniff and I like to think a catch up because I am sad like that haha. Thumper also loves the snow. One year when it was particularly heavy I tried to bring her inside for fear she would be too cold. She was having none of it. I got a big scratch on my arm when she was trying to get out of the house ( I hadn't anticpated it would be too hot for her) so she caught me as they can do by mistake and to my amazement outside all she wanted to do was run around in the snow lol...because she is white and the snow hadnt been walked on it looked hilarious as all you could see were her cute red eyes when she lay down. I love her and her strange ways so much she makes me laugh and i am reminded of that day whenever it snows! Forget snowman and the snowdog, just give me Thumper :D

In an ideal world if Thumper were to be bonded with morris that would be the nicest outcome but it means neutering and so on (I am going to contribute to oxfordshire doing this if they end up there) but they already know each other well so whilst it is not necessary, i thought I would just say so. On the rabbit rehome section I posted some photos of the hutches. Morris' hutch was hand built with some heavy duty wood which I painted with fence paint to make it last longer. It is impossibly heavy but if someone were to take him they are most welcome to this hutch. It is great in reality, just not practical for moving and would need two strong men ( not sexist lol) I can bench press 60kg, run 10 miles and do a lot of yoga and i have trouble moving it! :D Because of the front section of his hutch being hand built..on the left side there is one door covering the top and bottom layers and sometimes he climbs up like a cat to get into bed...never caught him on camera but definitely likes an obstacle course. The hutch was built by hand by the man I got him off who was a taxi driver who's wife was ill and so it made sense of the neglect on the two bunnies he had kept in an outhouse. He meant well, he had taken 3 rabbits off a girl who used to live on the same street (not sure how long he had had them) and he had genuinely thought the outhouse was a better option because it was bigger and he had put some things in like wood to make it like a big area to play in but it was in reality damp and they were in the pitch black most of the time.

He put lots of hay in once a week and a carrot and thought that was enough. In my mind he should have been retired and there was too much required of him to look after his wife to also look after the rabbits. He had a female indoors ( at least he didnt get her pregnant ) and the two boys were outside but what he hadn't realised was that they were fighting and not bonded at all. Morris was more dominant than chicken foot ( I know that is an awful name but I said it outloud when I saw his legs were like half eaten KFC and the poor thing hobbled over and literally accepted a new name due to more attention that he had known before so it stuck) Morris was less worse for wear and to be honest when you see him now you wouldn't know he spent most of his life fighting to the death to get food on a daily basis. He is a contented thing and i believe after a good 3 years with me that he understands now that he will never have to do that again which makes me happy. Chicken foot passed away not long after ( about 3 months ) but his health improved before then and fur grew back etc on his legs, appetite changed and so on but just passed in his sleep one night. He went from barely walking to jumping all over the place :D :D Morris is very good with guinea pigs. He took a liking to one a while back that was rescued but is no longer with us and I understand that rabbits and guineas are not a great pairing usually but in a run together it worked great. I always kept an eye on them nonethless but it was lovely to see them together. I believe Morris would make a great bun to be paired with another rabbit as he is very loving and playful but given the experience he had with his ex roomate in the outhouse a female neutered bun might be the best attempt.

Might need to edit this later as have gone into waffling mode :D no longer sure what is relevant and if I have mentioned relevant things

hoppetylop
28-02-2015, 11:15 AM
Hi Victoria.Thats great thankyou.No don't edit!!I think its lovely you can explain about them in detail and help people understand their natures and little ways.Poor Chickenfoot Sounds like he had an awful life before he came to you and im glad he was able to experience love and care and just be a bunny doing bunny stuff before he went to the bridge.Morris must be so much happier now he can relax and not live in fear.Its interesting that he and Thumper seem to like each other.I agree that a gentle female would be lovely for him to bond with and experience a loving bunny relationship.
Thumper sounds great fun and a real little character but loving when the mood takes her:love:

RogerRabbit999
28-02-2015, 11:07 PM
Sorry for the delay in responding to your pm, but I've been in hospital.
Roger is/was my 'bunny of my lifetime' and I like to use his name whenever I can :love:

Funnily enough, Sweetie would actually be the best of your buns for me, because I don't have any outdoor buns, they all (5), live indoors over 3 very spacious rooms.

Scooter is an incredibly adorable, splay leg bunny adopted from the RSPCA. In time after neutering, Sweetie could possibly be bonded with him. Scooter lives in the lounge because of being my only single bun so that he has lots of fuss and company. My plan will be to have Sweetie in an xxl dog crate, also in the lounge, but she will get to free range the whole house when she seems settled enough. Unti then Sweetie and Scooter can take it in turns to come out.

Lots of people on RU are familiar with Violet, my pocket size blind lionhead, also adopted from the RSPCA. Violet and Plutarch Heavensbee (daughter is a massive Hunger Games fan) who is a giant crossbreed and my only non 'special needs' bun, decided to bond themselves, which is quite comical, as Violet weighs about 3lbs and Plutarch weighs 14lbs!!, but he is incredibly gentle with her, and they are totally devoted to each other. Violet even jumps up on to things now and down again. Plutarch goes first and waits for her, and Violet takes Plutarch's lead, and seems to understand that it is safe and ok for her to jump because Plutarch does. Violet and Plutarch have their own big room, but also free range for a number of hours every day.

Dipsy is 'special needs' with neurological problems and was adopted from Southampton Rabbit Rescue after I lost Roger. I don't know if anyone remembers Demi and the adorable Thriantha? Baby, who was found to have multiple cancerous tumours. Well, they were all removed and a kidney had to be removed as well, but she has made a full recovery and came to me last year because Demi was going to uni, and was worried about her being properly looked after by her grandmother. Also, Baby would have lived outdoors by herself so not ideal, but following the incredibly tragic, sad loss of Bodger who was bonded with Dipsy, when Baby moved in, her and Dipsy really hit it of, and within 2 days were just like an old married couple, and they are so lovely to watch. They have their own room, and they free range all night, which is what we used to do with Bodger because of his traumatic past and extreme fear and nerves. At night though when the house was quiet, Bodger would binky and play, and him and Dipsy got up to no end of mischief, but he just needed quiet to feel safe and confident enough to come out and play at night. It works well though having Dipsy and Baby free ranging all night, as the others get lots of free range time each day.

So that's just a bit about Sweetie's soon to be new family and set up, which I hope you think sounds ok. Because all my buns are vaccinated and insured, Sweetie will be health checked and vaccinated within 24hrs, and then when she is settled in she will be neutered. I will probably give her a month before neutering, and she will be added to the insurance policy when I get her.

28-02-2015, 11:18 PM
Ahh I didn't realise it was you who adopted Baby! :love: Glad to hear she's doing well. :)

RogerRabbit999
28-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Baby is just great and absolutely loves living indoors. Demi is only in Nottingham and can visit when she wants. I post her pics and updates a couple of times a week on fb. She might take Baby and Dipsy home for a week in the summer hols. I know how hard it was for her to rehome Baby, but she would have been desperately sad just in a hutch by herself.

Demi is amazed and thrilled at how Baby is no longer timid and shy. She's really confident and cheeky and such a joy to have about. Demi is surprised as well because she didn't have toys before living outside, but she enjoys seeing and hearing about all the things that she couldn't really know before. Baby loves toys she can throw and chew the best, and she loves the sand pit, which was a joint present for them all at christmas. She always jumps in there first for a good dig, and then literally throws herself down in DBF's.

She loves having a friend now so much, and when her and Dipsy settle to sleep in their castle in the mornings after being out all night, she always lays across Dipsy to sleep. I keep trying to get some pics, but because they go in the castle, it makes the pics to dark.

Demi said she would always do her lovely thick beds in her hutch, and she would always dig the straw out and sleep on the bare floor. Her and Dipsy had a fleecy covered memory foam mattress for christmas, and Baby loves that as well right by the radiator with it on warm.

I don't think she'd cope outdoors now. I'm so glad you remember her. Isn't it funny how outdoor buns change when moved indoors. I will get some pics up of them soon.

01-03-2015, 12:01 AM
She sounds lovely and so happy :love: I'm looking forward to pics!

Victoriawhitelegge
01-03-2015, 03:01 PM
Yay! You sound lovely Rogerrabbit999 :D Thanks for all the info its always nice to read. Madeline was rehomed yesterday and I think the Dad of the family wanted to take the other bunnies with him haha! I have asked them to chase up the friend who is interested in a bunny (who i suggested Bruce for) and going to make arrangements for sweetie with Rogerrabbit999 x

hoppetylop
02-03-2015, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=happybunny;6548536]http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?ContID=8779

Just one more bump for Morris and Thumper!;)

Victoriawhitelegge
02-03-2015, 11:56 PM
Thanks Hoppertylop :D

Quick Update:
going to phone the family who have madeline tomorrow and chase up their friend regarding Bruce.
A friend of mine has shown an interest in Morris but its very slim she may take him so have stressed that she kinda has till Saturday :D
Someone I know who works for the NHS has posted something on their internal net pages so thats also promising even if its a bit late.

When I said I liked Vegan Bunnys video about bonding I just realised it was Mischief and Thumpers mum that I was watching hahaha my poor brain hurts..I sold a bed on ebay and when the man phoned to collect I started talking about Morris and Thumper lol! He was like what are you on about. Luckily he understood and didn't do anything other than laugh :D

Louise who is having Smudge will be updating you hoppertylop x

Oxford will be one of the following scenarios: Thumper alone OR Thumper and Morris OR Thumper , Morris and Bruce (hopefully they will all be homed before Saturday it would be amazing :D)

Many thanks to you all for your help, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now x

:D

Victoriawhitelegge
03-03-2015, 11:31 PM
Latest update:

Nice lady got in touch about Morris but not quite the right circumstances for her as she wants to rehome him with a female who is spayed but because morris isnt its not a great idea from what she was saying. She was thinking about asking the rspca to take him to which I told her about Oxfordshire and the lack of time I have in my situation. It sounds like a good fit just terrible timing...I did suggest perhaps if she felt drawn to morris for her bun then once he went to oxford and was ready to be rehomed then she could pursue that and i would try to help as she is in North Yorkshire. From what she was saying they have a lovely garden and set up for her lop called Patch :D But Lop's partner Sandy died at the beginning of Jan :( and shes looking for a new buddy and generally great vibes from her so i am trying to find out if she is on the forum or not as it might be that if not Morris there is someone perfect for her bun :D I am sure there are enough people to help.

So, Oxfordshire is 3 bunnies likely..Bruce, Thumper and Morris, but tomorrow is another day. family for bruce have changed their mind which is fair enough just glad i know now so have some notice for when they go and letting other people know how many etc

Also got a picture of Madeline settling into the new place which is actually 10 mins walk from where my parents live..nice family and nice children..apparantly their cat is super protective of Madeline and just sits by the hutch for a while making sure nobody gets her lol

How can I add a photo via the url thing..should i just do it via a sharing website like photobucket> any help woul dbe great

hoppetylop
04-03-2015, 12:07 AM
Sounds like it would have been a nice home for Morris-that's a pity.She can always change her mind once hes neutered.Never mind the rescue lady here will ensure he and the other two have a nice home.I will see her tomorrow so will let her know the latest and confirm Saturday is definitely the best day for her.

In the meantime though Bruce,Thumper and Morris are still looking for their forever homes.

louise200
04-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Hi Victoria, re photos, I have a www.tinypic.com account and after uploading a photo it gives you the code to copy and paste into a forum chat, which will display the picture. You can choose the pic size when importing as well ��
See you Saturday �� xx

louise200
04-03-2015, 09:24 AM
Hmmm, my smileys have gone weird!

hoppetylop
05-03-2015, 03:43 PM
Louise200 I have pmd you:wave::)

louise200
05-03-2015, 10:08 PM
Thanks Hoppitylop :-D x

Hope you're doing ok Victoria and see you Sat :wave: x

BigBunnyBenji
06-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Have all the bunnies found homes now? :wave:

louise200
07-03-2015, 08:07 AM
Hello :wave: Hoppetylop is getting Morris, Thumper and Bruce to a lovely rescue centre today and Smudge is coming back with me :love: I believe the piggies are going home with another RU member today too :D

hoppetylop
07-03-2015, 08:50 PM
Hello Louise:wave:Hope you had a good journey for the rest of the way.It was lovely to meet you and thankyou so much for bringing everyone down xx

As Louise said,she brought Morris,Thumper,Smudge and Bruce down to a services on the M40 on her way home from picking up the rabbits from Manchester and I met her there She is homing Smudge herself and Thumper and Bruce are at the rescue.Morris is with me as someone is interested in adopting him shortly so to give his rescue space to another bunny,Im fostering him until his adoption.He will be neutered and have his injection in the meantime.Hes doing fine in an old hutch of mine and I will give him the option to run around the garden during the day tomorrow.Hes really lovely,not shy and chinning everything!
Thankyou everyone who offered to help with the transporting.Louise was so flexible we were able to do it between us.

Hope youre ok this evening Victoria.All the bunnies are fine after their long journey and settled.Hope Smudge is settling in, in her new home with her lovely new bunny mummy.:)

louise200
07-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Aw, that's fantastic news about Morris, he's gorgeous isn't he. Bruce is such a chilled out dude and Thumper was beautiful and so friendly, putting her head down and settling in for some between the ears strokes :)
Was lovely to meet you too and Victoria as well! Hope you're ok this evening Victoria and not too tearful, bless your heart.
Thank you for highlighting this situation and organising everything too Hoppetylop x
Smudge is lovely and she's settling in and eating some Veges, pellets and hay so she's hopefully not too stressed out from her journey. Next stop vacs and book in for the op in a few weeks :love:
Would love to hear how all the animals are doing.
Xx

Victoriawhitelegge
08-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't replied in a while was just getting things sorted out for the big day :D I had a good cry when I said goodbye to them individually in the morning and then it made it a much more positive experience when they left as Helen (guinea pigs) and Louise were both lovely and very organised.

I am so happy they all have new places to go / be /have and just really cannot thank everyone enough for the help you have given and support.

I am sure helen will update on here like Louise so pictures would be fun but no rush!

I will get back in touch with the lady who would like to give a forever home to Morris and let you know how I get on hoppetylop x

Victoriawhitelegge
08-03-2015, 10:45 AM
Hi everyone!

Sorry I haven't replied in a while was just getting things sorted out for the big day :D I had a good cry when I said goodbye to them individually in the morning and then it made it a much more positive experience when they left as Helen (guinea pigs) and Louise were both lovely and very organised.

I am so happy they all have new places to go / be /have and just really cannot thank everyone enough for the help you have given and support.

I am sure helen will update on here like Louise so pictures would be fun but no rush!

I will get back in touch with the lady who would like to give a forever home to Morris and let you know how I get on hoppetylop x

hoppetylop
08-03-2015, 12:10 PM
Thankyou Victoria,and thanks for your text.x

Redhelen
08-03-2015, 04:17 PM
Hiya:wave:

Just to let you know, the boys are fine. They travelled well and have been tucking into some celery. I put them in the run on the grass when I got home because it was such a lovely day, so they had tummies full of grass by tea time :love: they are lovely boys, and obviously have been very well cared for.

I hope you are ok, Victoria, thankyou for the card and pressie. You didn't have to, I was pleased to be able to help

hoppetylop
08-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Slight problem.Im getting very attached to Morris.Hmmm

louise200
09-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Slight problem.Im getting very attached to Morris.Hmmm

I'm sure, he's such a lovely chap isn't he :)

Well Smudge has recovered well and truly from the journey and is taking being a house bunny in her stride. She's not shy and is very happy to thump to tell me that my 10 second break from administering head strokes is up and it's time to get back to it. She's adorable and closes her eyes within a second of having them. She hasn't shown any aggression at all and sniffs noses with the cats through utility mesh door we made and gives a clear thump if she wants them out of the room :)
They are very happy with being allowed to sleep upstairs on beds too!
She's investigating all of the downstairs too now which is lovely, I love hearing her approaching the lounge to say hello. :love:

louise200
09-03-2015, 07:19 AM
Hiya:wave:

Just to let you know, the boys are fine. They travelled well and have been tucking into some celery. I put them in the run on the grass when I got home because it was such a lovely day, so they had tummies full of grass by tea time :love: they are lovely boys, and obviously have been very well cared for.

That's great news Helen, so nice to hear :wave:

louise200
09-03-2015, 07:25 AM
Hi everyone!

Thank you for the present too Victoria that's so nice of you. Smudge is such a friendly, happy girl, she's obviously been very well cared for since you rescued her. :love: xx

hoppetylop
09-03-2015, 09:23 AM
These updates are lovely to read:love:

Morris is doing fine too.Hes eating well and although abit shy he getting to know me and seems relaxed and happy.A home has been found for him and he will be bonded with Thumper hopefully pending neutering etc and rehomed with her.:love::love:

Zoobec
09-03-2015, 10:13 AM
These updates are lovely to read:love:

Morris is doing fine too.Hes eating well and although abit shy he getting to know me and seems relaxed and happy.A home has been found for him and he will be bonded with Thumper hopefully pending neutering etc and rehomed with her.:love::love:

How lovely :love:

louise200
10-03-2015, 09:38 PM

That is wonderful news! Lucky Morris and Thumper. She's beautiful her face is like a foal (if that's not a weird thing to say;) :love:

hoppetylop
10-03-2015, 10:13 PM
That is wonderful news! Lucky Morris and Thumper. She's beautiful her face is like a foal (if that's not a weird thing to say;) :love:

She is very pretty. :)Hes very handsome too.They will make a sweet couple.:love:

Tracy
10-03-2015, 10:52 PM
These updates are lovely :love:

Really glad that everything has turned out so well for these bunnies and piggies. :D