• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's my Griffy Kitty's Birfday today! :)

MimzMum

Wise Old Thumper
My sweet little boy, he is 14 years old today. :) :( It makes me both happy and sad, happy that he has made it this far, sad because I know he is starting to get old and little things are starting to bother him.

This little tomcat was my shoulder angel all through my chemotherapy. When I'd come home and zonk out he would sleep on my shoulders/pillow and he'd purr against my head and it would feel so good. :love: Sadly, Jenna won't let him near my pillow anymore, :cry: but they will often compete for my lap. :thumb:

He had a bad dental a few years ago and it affected the right side of his face. He'd had an extraction of a tooth that was being reabsorbed and the needles they used to numb him on that side did some nerve damage. He got something called Horner's Syndrome where his third eyelid would creep up over his eye and these days he seems to have trouble with the pupil on that side. It took 8 weeks exactly for the syndrome to go away but I've noticed lately he has uneven pupils again. He has trouble with depth perception, (he can miss a counter he's aiming for altogether) an occasional wobble in his walk and tends to sleep most of the day and night. He will wake himself up yowling, doesn't seem to know where he is and will come seek out someone to comfort him. I've wondered if he's going deaf, blind or senile, but then I'll try to sneak past him to get something and he's up like a shot from what looks like a deep sleep and happy to see me and bugging me for pets, so I'm likely seeing things that aren't there.

I know I probably don't have much longer with him, but he still thinks he's a kitten. He's rail thin and has always been. He is always up for a fuss, until he's not...then he wants you to go away. :lol:

When he came to us back in 2001, my OH was adamant that we not get any more pets. I had to beg to keep him. He was malnourished and his legs weren't standing straight. I bottle fed him until he was stronger and could eat solids. He has not left my side but for one day when he got outdoors by accident and was gone for 24 hours straight. Scared me to death, I thought I'd lost him for good and was ready to put up fliers...hadn't slept all night. When he came back in the next morning he probably thought I'd gone mad with how I fawned on him. No one dares leave the door open around him now, just in case he ever does a bunk again.

I don't have many good pictures of him today, (I put an older one of him in my avatar), he simply won't hold still and my mobile is poo for this...but here's my wee lad:
phone%2520pix%2520and%2520vids%25202-24-15%2520073.jpg

Happy Birthday, Griffy, I truly hope we have more years together. You will always be my shoulder angel. :love: xxxx

Back