• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The bunny barn

BunnyBarn

New Kit
Finally the new shed arrived last week so we had a busy weekend painting and putting it together, just a bit of painting around the edges and roof left to do. I initially was going to put the old hutch inside but realised how much space it would take up, also I feel a bit relieved to have made the decision to get rid of it as it was only when moving it that I realised how delicate it had become. I had bought an Ikea lack table from a charity shop which inspired me to do the first bit of wood work I have done since years ago in school, cutting the doorways and pieces to fit the levels. I had some Ikea automatic wardrobe lights which I put in. The Ikea bag holder which I read about on here has been a good addition too although the rabbits are using it as an extra way to get up to the second level!
The rabbits are definitely making it their home, poo and hay everywhere. Also, I learnt tonight that I had made a big mistake buying a padded igloo, finding they had nibbled a hole in the fleece at the back of it and scattered bits of the foam from inside everywhere, don't think they had eaten any thankfully and so that has been removed! I should have predicted it really as they have nibbled a neat hole in the back of their pop up tent outside so they can run through it! They haven't nibbled the fleece blanket in their bed though so they still have that for now. They seem to spend a fair amount of their time hanging out and pooping on the mat by the door/tunnel entrance at the moment.
I have loved all the extra sheltered snuggles over the last few days, especially with Lilac. Bluebell is coming round to having my company more often, she has not been as happy to be hanging out with me after I just had to give her a course of eye drops!
Anyway, no doubt their will always be more changes to make to the set up, we live and learn! x
IMG_0211_zps1b7mwzog.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0195_zpskpfbtm5h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

Looks lovely :love: hopefully the litter habits will improve once they settle in, mine had a poopathon when they first moved into their shed, claiming their new territory. If you sweep up poops as often as you can and put them in the trays hopefully they will take the hint ;)

Thanks. Yes I am really hoping the litter habits settle down once they have claimed their territory! The bunny houses are an Ikea Lack table and Argos equivalent which I covered in non-slip vinyl flooring and made a door for each using a piece of wood from local timber yard and a brave (or scary if you were to watch me!!!) first attempt with our electric saw. I bought some balsa wood to cut out the bunnies and painted in garden shades. It has been a really fun project, quite a good distraction from the winter blues. xx

That looks great, lucky buns! :D

My boys also moved into a shed a few days ago and they are pooping and weeing EVERYWHERE too so I can sympathise. :roll:

Back