• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Health checking a rabbit - this sound right?

catxx

Mama Doe
I'm re-writing this for the Rabbit Residence website, Caroline is just too busy! This is a "basic" guide for owners based on ailments the rescue deals with and sees come in that have been missed by owners (and in some cases, vets).

Does this all sound ok so far?
http://www.rabbitresidence.org.uk/how-to-health-check-a-rabbit.html

I need to get a pic up for nose, unless someone has a snotty nose photo they would like to donate! Pretty sure I can get one of Whisky (the pic in the eye section, he's on first name terms with his vet!).

But anyway, I still need to write body and bum!

Welcome thoughts and glaring omissions!

That's a really good guide - in the other areas you are including are you going to pop in a Poop Check - lol - I think always good to get used to what is normal in your bunnies poo routine and checking that plenty of fibre within them (lovely job lol) - but getting familiar helps I think to quickly spot when things are in the early stages of going wrong and potential gut slow down.

Similar with Drinking and Urine output, which can show early signs of Kidney problems etc.

Just food for thought but brilliant guide.

That's a really good guide - in the other areas you are including are you going to pop in a Poop Check - lol - I think always good to get used to what is normal in your bunnies poo routine and checking that plenty of fibre within them (lovely job lol) - but getting familiar helps I think to quickly spot when things are in the early stages of going wrong and potential gut slow down.

Similar with Drinking and Urine output, which can show early signs of Kidney problems etc.

Just food for thought but brilliant guide.

That will be going in the "bottom" section haha!

Back