• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advise ASAP please

xnaomix

Warren Scout
The babies are running around the house and caught the boy trying to mate with one of the girls! What am I going to do???? I have no cage/ hutch to seperate them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are 7 and a half weeks! I think they are ok at this age arnt they?

If you don't have a cage, you could get a puppy pen to segregate parts of the room and keep the boys and girls separate.

If you don't have a cage, you could get a puppy pen to segregate parts of the room and keep the boys and girls separate.

They have a new shed coming in the morning so won't be a problem then it's just keeping them apart for this evening.. Oh I did panic lol

Oh Sarah.. Please go away [emoji106]

I'm sorry but things like this are very frustrating and I find it difficult to ignore. Obviously I have issues...

Just as the others have said please ensure they are separated before around 10 weeks...

Last edited:
They are 7 and a half weeks! I think they are ok at this age arnt they?

They should still be with mum then. But you'll need a cage to separate from mum at 8 weeks anyway (boy can get mum pregnant earlier than get his sisters pregnant). Then you'll need to separate boy bun shortly after to keep from his sisters.

Well you didn't even know the age or anything before you make your sarcastic little 'sigh' comment!
Please don't comment on any more of my posts! I come on here to see other rabbits how they are, housing tips etc and since iv been on here you've just been nasty.. So if you don't mind id rather you ignore my posts & end it here.. Thanks!

They should be OK, but I'd definitely separate them ASAP! Even if they were to end up pregnant in a few weeks time, it's still very young :( Is there nothing you can use in the short term? Can you shut them in separate rooms?

PS - nice to see RU offering ever-constructive and helpful advice...:roll:

Well you didn't even know the age or anything before you make your sarcastic little 'sigh' comment!
Please don't comment on any more of my posts! I come on here to see other rabbits how they are, housing tips etc and since iv been on here you've just been nasty.. So if you don't mind id rather you ignore my posts & end it here.. Thanks!

We would hope that someone who had bred some rabbits would know the age the offspring could breed though. The people on this forum know the situation with unwanted rabbits. You have posted on another thread that you may need to rehome. This has been seen a thousand times by the people of RU. It's very hard to keep your opinions to yourself when you see a situation developing. Hence the *sigh.

They should still be with mum then. But you'll need a cage to separate from mum at 8 weeks anyway (boy can get mum pregnant earlier than get his sisters pregnant). Then you'll need to separate boy bun shortly after to keep from his sisters.

Mum is outside at the minute having a run around but didn't put babies out because of the weather ( she loves the rain)
Il have a spare hutch tomorrow when the new one arrives [emoji4] Was quite shocked seeing him do that at almost 8weeks

I would be perfectly inclined to ignore them if you didn't keep ignoring advice that people give you. Over and over. It simply cannot be only me that keeps seeing how irresponsible you have been time and time again...

Say whatever you wish. I feel very jealous of the others ability to give you advice without judgement, I wish I was as kind hearted and calm at them, obviously I am not.

I'm not saying another word. Just please, don't bring any more baby rabbits into the world...

We would hope that someone who had bred some rabbits would know the age the offspring could breed though. The people on this forum know the situation with unwanted rabbits. You have posted on another thread that you may need to rehome. This has been seen a thousand times by the people of RU. It's very hard to keep your opinions to yourself when you see a situation developing. Hence the *sigh.

From my previous comment I said 10weeks
But didn't realise they went through me motions at this age

I would be perfectly inclined to ignore them if you didn't keep ignoring advice that people give you. Over and over. It simply cannot be only me that keeps seeing how irresponsible you have been time and time again...

Say whatever you wish. I feel very jealous of the others ability to give you advice without judgement, I wish I was as kind hearted and calm at them, obviously I am not.

I'm not saying another word. Just please, don't bring any more baby rabbits into the world...

So your 'sigh' comment is advise???
Well thankyou for that [emoji106] much appreciated

Thank you Angie. X

From my previous comment I said 10weeks
But didn't realise they went through me motions at this age

Yeah - but you said that after I'd posted it, not in your OP. That's why the negativity!

Back