• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help

xnaomix

Warren Scout
My landlord has told me I can't keep all the rabbits so have to rehome the babies [emoji20] the girls have gone to a friends friend who lives on a farm and has a big shed for them but iv advertised the boy and had some really rough looking people ask about him, one said she wants him for her daughter but looking into it abit more.. He daughter looks about 1 [emoji15]
I tried to reason with the landlord but he said 6rabbits was far too many [emoji20][emoji20] I'm gutted, and worried about the boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if he'd actually know if I kept them? And they all lived in the big shed.. It's not like he's going to look in and count them is it? Maybe he just meant inside.. I'm going to ring him

I shouldn't condone dishonesty - but seeing as my landlord never knew we had 8 rabbits inside - here goes.

Your landlord has to give 24 hours notice to come over to the property. Is there anyway you could quickly put the boy into boarding - or even with your friend -whilst he visits just incase he goes into the shed? And obvioulsy hide all rabbity stuff too. There is always a big risk however that the landlord would find out and you would be kicked out.

Alternatively if you have to re-home your boy - you could insist on doing a 'home check' on any prospective owners - the ones that object would be a definite no-no.

It is a sad and horrible situation to be in - I hope it works out alright in the end.

Yes I'd say he's meant inside; it doesn't make much difference if you've two or six outside I think, especially when they're all living together! Id avoid being dishonest if you can though as my friend got put out of her apartment quick smart for keeping an animal she'd fibbed about, I wonder if you avoided talking about number and talked about rehoming the babies so you were only left with one shed and run then he might be ok with that!

I think his problem is the garden, he seeded it last year and it hasn't taken so it's just a bog with patches of grass but I don't understand what the rabbits have to do with it? He seems to think it hasn't grown because the rabbits eat all the grass? He's quite old and doesn't do a proper job of anything he does but I can't really say that too him

Yeah sounds a bit like the landlord I had last year - didn't have a clue; everything he did was on the cheap and turned out a shambles and it turned out environmental health were involved with him all along - needless to say I got out of there sharpish once I realised how bad things were; it just wasn't suitable for my menagerie! It's hard finding somewhere to rent that will allow animals though, so worth working on him if possible! Is there a paved area where you could put the rabbit run instead of the grass if that's his problem?

Or tell him if you ever move out you'll reseed the grass before you go so it's back to the same state it was when you moved in [emoji6]

Grass doesn't seem to take if the ground is too boggy - I don't know much about it other than it was the same problem at the last house I rented; the ground was always flooding and when it wasn't it was water logged!

I'm really sorry, but it's his house, if he says no rabbits, your options are to either leave, rehome, or offer him more money in your deposit to cover any damages caused by the rabbits. I know lots of people on here do that.

:wave:

Back