• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Markus Lupfer - London Fashion Week = bunnies in a bowl.

catxx

Mama Doe
London Fashion Week last week. Designer Markus Lupfer, decided THIS was a good idea. Photos from various instagram accounts. Let him know your thoughts on his Facebook page. RWAF are aware. :evil::evil::evil:

They had a small bowl of water and straw.

10986090_655579941236149_1663421409_n.jpg

10890781_649851465140249_1301990865_n.jpg

11008170_335115813365563_47330743_n.jpg

11015538_1415410398755559_1745452847_n.jpg

I find it appalling. As you say it may have only been one day but that doesn't make it right.

I hope the designer is very proud of his cruel and unnecessary actions. Those poor little bunnies being carried around all day and probably gawked and flashed at by cameras. I wonder what happens to them now? I doubt the designer will keep and care for them....it's just completely wrong and trying to make fur fashionable again...

From their website? I certainly wasn't saying it was right......

Ah! Sorry I came across as angry at you but didn't mean to!

It's still on their Facebook and of course all over every fashion blogger's website who went along and took a snap. Poor things must have to have put up with so much loud noise (amplified by the bowl) and flash photography.

Typical of the shallow Fashionistas. Most dont give a :censored: about anything but 'oh look at me/my work. I am so truly wonderful, my beauty knows no bounds and my talent is exceptional'. Oh, a Rabbit in a glass bowl, well it's only a Rabbit and the bowl came to no harm :thumb:

Typical of the shallow Fashionistas. Most dont give a :censored: about anything but 'oh look at me/my work. I am so truly wonderful, my beauty knows no bounds and my talent is exceptional'. Oh, a Rabbit in a glass bowl, well it's only a Rabbit and the bowl came to no harm :thumb:

There are literally a ton of people who have gone onto his Facebook page and expressed their disgust. Myself included. If it makes a difference remains to be seen. This show might have already happened but lets hope that he thinks twice about ever doing this again...

Me too, I actually asked that on my comment, where are they and what happens to them now. They actually only looked like babies!

I'm only guessing, but that guess would be they came through one of these animal suppliers. The people who provide animals for advertising, films and TV. Have no idea what their future fate would be once they stop being "cute babies" :(

"That is, until I make it into a coat for my next show". I absolutely detest the fashion industry; it's responsible for so much harm. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"That is, until I make it into a coat for my next show". I absolutely detest the fashion industry; it's responsible for so much harm. :(

I saw an article from Stella McCartney and why she is not using leather for her fashions. There can be glimpses of good, ethical fashionistas out there :thumb:

I saw an article from Stella McCartney and why she is not using leather for her fashions. There can be glimpses of good, ethical fashionistas out there :thumb:

I'm sure there are; like most other areas of life. The difficulty for each of us buying stuff is trying to work out where!

There is now a statement on his facebook page saying that rabbit welfare "experts" (who were basically people from a performing animals organisation )had given advice and the rabbits were "only held by models for 15 mins at a time" and then taken to a calm backstage area.

The best is yet to come, after the show THE RABBITS WERE RETURNED TO THE BREEDER:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

So for every step taken forward in educating people about adopting rabbits and not keeping them in small cages this:censored::censored::censored: has made it millions of steps back.

Unfortunately there are so many eejits in this world who are completely ignorant of the consequences of their decisions. Markus Lupfer obviously has no knowledge of rabbits - just thinks "cute" for his latest fashion shoot and had no thought for the rabbits - afterall they are 'just rabbits' :evil:. And quite probably didn't expect the backlash against him for using the buns.

I just hope that he has learn from this - and other people have learnt too - that treating animals with disrepect will only bring disrepect on himself. And maybe - just maybe - he has learnt a little bit about how to treat animals in future shoots - and not use rabbits.

The poor buns - not a great start to life.:cry:

Back