• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lady Rosie passed away this morning

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
We are totally shocked at the way it happened :cry:

She was extra sleepy last night and not as interested in food as she should have been. But she wasn't in stasis and gave no indication of pain. I made sure her heat pad was always warm and checked her through the night. By morning she had eaten more and was back up and about. But we still decided to get her vet checked as something wasn;t quite right. We got an appointment for 9am. I put her in the carrier five minutes before hand ( vets is only two minutes walk away) and commented on how feisty she was. She went into the consult on time and was alive as we went in. Another bun was checked first but when we got to Rosie and opened the carrier she had gone :cry: She had just laid down and gone to sleep. :( We were all stunned.

I guess its a blessing she went so quickly and peacefully but it will take awhile to sink in. She lost her husbun Geoff a few weeks ago but seemed to be coping well. I was planning to bond her next week to another old boy :(

Thank you. She would have been 12 this year. I debated a PM but decided against it as she went so peacefully it seemed wrong to pull her about afterwards :(

At nearly 12 I think it's safe to put it down to 'old age'. Bless her, it sounds like she went very peacefully. I hope she's with her husbun again now.

Sending hugs for you.

I'm so very sorry :cry:

What a terrible shock for you but sounds like a peaceful passing for her.

Sweet dreams Lady Rosie xx

I am sorry to hear about Lady Rosie.:cry: Perhaps she died of a broken heart, due to having lost Geoff her hunbun. Rest east little one.xxx

I don't know maybe. Although she seemed brighter after he went as towards the end it became obvious she didn't like him so poorly.

Given her age anything could have been going on and maybe being alone made it advance more quickly?

We will never know exactly what happened but she was a good age, had two happy years with us and over nine being loved by her original family :)

I'm really sorry to hear this, what a dreadful shock for you, but it's nice that she went so peacefully. Binky free Lady Rosie xxxxxxxx

Back