• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The new boys have had their check ups today. Nebuliser info appreciated

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Moth and Tristan the newly bonded dental bunnies had their check ups today.

Tristan still has a little pus in his tooth socket but otherwise is doing great. He was incredibly badly behaved so must be feeling good after his surgery ;)

The vet was worried about moth losing a bit of weight so did a quick blood test. But they actually came back better than last time. His liver while still not normal has improved while with us as has something else I've forgotten. So I think the weight loss is down to some rather insistent humping during bonding! Unfortunately moth is still snuffly even though his tear ducts are now draining clearly so we are going to try nebulising him. I say try because I think it will freak him out as this is the bunny that screamed when I handled him last month. But its worth a go as he may surprise us :)

Last edited:
Always a relief to hear good news from the vet! :thumb:
I hope all goes well with Moth's nebulizing. He sure is a cute wee bub! :love:
Vibes for them both, hoping Tristan's socket clears up. :) xxxx

Good to see a positive update on the new boy bunny couple. Spenser would likr more details on Tristan's bad behaviour. He is dlways lookingvfor new ideas.

I wish moth was a little brighter in himself. With rosie today we haven't had a chance to sort out the nebuliser :(

Tristan refused to come out the carrier so it had to be dismantled. Which would have been ok if Moth hadn't also been in it! Then he constantly tried to jump off the table. He also put up a good fight when it came to his tooth check......

So we did a trial run with the nebuliser yesterday and moth was a star. We collected his meds this morning so he can have his first proper session later today.

I would be very interested in what others have put in their nebuliser inc doses. Thanks

I use F10 and saline Liz (contact lens solution). Think it's a 1:250 ml mixture but I have to look it up every time :oops:.

Thanks :) we are using baytril and saline to start with but I am interested in other options.

How many times a day did you do it and for how many days in total?

Back