• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is Dust Free Hay like at the moment?

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
I'm thinking of ordering a soft hay bag to try with the piggies. Haven't had it for years now.

Sorry, no idea as I've moved to Timothyhay.co.uk. My piggies love BOTH their 2014 and the very stalky 2013 varieties of their timothy hay.

My piggies are absolutely loving the soft dust free hay. It seems really good quality at the moment. :)

I get dust free stalky & it's anything but! The dust flies out quicker than I can pull the hay out. The quality has gone downhill since they stopped using hessian sacks & started using polyprop. The size of the bale has nearly halved but the price has gone up & where the hay used to be long strands they're now short with dirt & roots. I keep thinking I should look for a different supplier but I have a bun with nasal fungal disease & I'm afraid of buying something worse & making him more ill. I'm afraid it's a case of better the devil you know

Back