• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Prim won't eat :(

tabithakat64

Mama Doe
Just waiting for the on call vet to ring back.
She won't eat dinner, have tried to tempt her with yummy food and she's had one mouthful, she's belly pressing have massaged it a little and made her hip around. She's sitting on a heat pad whilst I wait.

I assume she'll have to go in, do I take all 3 or just the most dominant bun with her?

Ok, syringe fed her critical care as suggested by the vet. Did some more belly rubs and made her hop around. She's happily eating some dried herbs and kale and done a fairly normal poop, then she went out and is hoping round the run. Will check on her throughout the night.

Many thanks to the vet who was really helpful and calm.

Ok, syringe fed her critical care as suggested by the vet. Did some more belly rubs and made her hop around. She's happily eating some dried herbs and kale and done a fairly normal poop, then she went out and is hoping round the run. Will check on her throughout the night.

What good news!

I think belly rubs often does the trick, but of course you have to be careful there is not a blockage, which there doesn't seem to have been in her case. I'm so pleased you don't have to do an emergency vet visit or an all night vigil watching and feeding her :thumb:

How is Prim doing this morning ?

She's completely back to normal. Spoke to the vet again who said it sounds like it was gas as suspected and just to monitor her. Ate and pooped normally again this morning and is outside playing in the run :) OH will be checking her on an hourly basis thorough the day.

So pleased :D Prim scared me half to death as she's normally such a greedy little madam.

She's completely back to normal. Spoke to the vet again who said it sounds like it was gas as suspected and just to monitor her. Ate and pooped normally again this morning and is outside playing in the run :) OH will be checking her on an hourly basis thorough the day.

So pleased :D Prim scared me half to death as she's normally such a greedy little madam.

Hmmm yes I have one like that :lol:

Back