• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stressful vets visit....poor poor Clive

k1984

Mama Doe
Just got back from the vets. I had to take Dolly to have her bottom end shaved (she has problems keeping up with it and the vet puts it down to her having no incisors, so I take her twice a year to have the fur clipped back to help her).

There was an emergency, so we were sat in the waiting room for over an hour (the appointment time was over an hour late). All the other patients in the waiting room were being really patient, but I felt sorry for my buns sitting so for long in a room full of dogs/cats for so, so long.

Anyhow, when it was finally our appointment, I asked for the vet to clip their claws whilst they were there. I said Clive can be a jumpy and kick out....which he did....BIG TIME. The vet and I really struggled to calm him and stop him from trying to leap off the table, he just flipped out!!
In the process, he somehow managed to pull out a complete nail ('thumb' on his left paw). I was mortified. There was a lot of blood.

Vet called another nurse and they took him into the back to stop the bleeding and finish his nails with other nurses to help.

They then took Dolly into the back to sort her bottom and clip her claws too.

I feel awful for my two babies. They must have been so, so stressed. I should have just gone home, but I didn't think the wait would be so long and that Clive would react so badly.

:cry:

Aww poor Clive :( im sure they will be ok now they are home again! My bun Jessica did that to her claw once, but it was at home and I just came in to check on her and saw blood everywhere!!! I was soooo worried!! I think they do just bleed alot, she was totally fine after (i got her checked over just in case). Lots of cuddles for htem tonight and they will be OK im sure :) x

Back