• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My turn for mouse photos!

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
After seeing Sally's lovely mousey photos I feel the need to share :D

Haven't taken many recently but here's Zebby:
10985527_10153154973404363_2096359271577005672_n.jpg

And sophie very excited to discover a huge pile of biscuits:
994492_10153154973399363_2213802349591587740_n.jpg

I'll add a photo of their cage later as I've finally got it sorted so that it's easy to clean but still interesting for them (only taken 6 years to get it perfected :lol:)

Awww awww and awwwwwwwwwwwwww. I love love love Sophie ... help. I am so mouse broody ...

Gorgeous :love: and where is the photo of their cage ;)

I love you guys, who else would even feign interest at a photo of my cage? :love:
It's had some minor changed since this photo so I might take a new one tomorrow, but here it was at Christmas:
10857808_10153005009134363_3282094174752257726_n.jpg

I love you guys, who else would even feign interest at a photo of my cage? :love:
It's had some minor changed since this photo so I might take a new one tomorrow, but here it was at Christmas:
10857808_10153005009134363_3282094174752257726_n.jpg

I always love seeing your mouse cage :love: I think it looks fantastic, so much for them to do :thumb: :love:

Here it is today. The ovo configuration changes quite regularly, I need more tubes and bits so that I have it how I really want it - so frustrating being limited by what I have!
8yylno.jpg

I wouldn't keep reading unless you're a total cage nerd!:

I've tried all sorts of shelves in the past and have finally cracked it - bathroom sucker accessories from ikea which screw to tighten up. I have a towel rail across the back and two soap dishes on the sides to support a plastic shelf.
I tried to move one of them earlier and I had a REALLY hard time getting it off so there's no way they'd come off by accident. I don't have to faff around cleaning around legs, the shelf is really solid, and there's nothing to soak up pee.

They tend to pee on anything with enclosed areas so lots of my lovely wooden things have had to go in the bin :(
Instead I now have grass nests, small cardboard boxes and plastic dens. That way anything that gets peed on can be cleaned or thrown away.
To keep some of the natural feel in the cage I've bought "open" wooden accessories - ladders, steps of all sizes, climbing frames and the large twisty branch which was expensive but totally worth it - the mice love it and it's so handy to take them up to the levels.

The ovo has been a brilliant addition - they love all the tubes and different areas. I use one of the pods as a food dish which keeps the mess in one place and is easy to clean. They have a tendency to sit in the bowl and dig all the food out otherwise (although I found some great bowls that nearly solve that problem if anyone's interested).
It's made cleaning out less stressful for them as well since I can heard them all in to the ovo before I clean the cage and vice versa.

It looks great, I think it still looks nice with all the wooden toys and things in there, but it being easier to clean has got to be a bonus :thumb: I haven't got mice (one day maybe) but we do have a trio of gerbils. I reckon we could use something similar to your cage as a tank topper :thumb: What is the cage, I'm sure I've asked before but forgotten :oops::lol: is it a vivarium or a display cabinet of some kind?

They are so cute :love:

Yeah, it's a vivarium/ terrarium. We wanted a wooden one but they're so expensive in the bigger sizes so we got plastic and covered it in fablon. :D

I think exo terra make lighter weight mesh ones - might be a good option for a gerbil tank topper.

Good idea, will look into it :thumb: it would need to be fairly strong to withstand gerbil teeth :shock::lol: we will probably end up making one!

Back