• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

onslow is poorly and have no idea what's wrong.

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Onslow is really struggling today after an incident last night. But we have no idea what happened.

He was fine at ten last night. Then around twelve thirty he took a big gasp and fell on his side. He was completely floppy and unable to move but didn't lose consciousness. His breathing was rapid and nostrils flaring. It was awful and we thought he was passing. We waited and nothing changed so Steve started getting dressed and a carrier ready for the emergency vets. But onslow suddenly managed to right himself and hold his head up. He couldn't walk but made himself comfy and took a treat so decided to wait until morning to see the vet.

Steve checked him hourly through the night and he slowly started to recover. By the time we got to the vet onslow was able to walk albeit wobbly. They had no idea what had happened either and recommended cage rest and pain relief as a precaution.

About an hour later it happened again. Right in front of me he just fell to his side completely unable to move and a floppy dead weight. But this time it only lasted seconds.

I have seen rabbits have seizures on too many occasions and have strokes in front of me but this is like neither. Although closer to a stroke than anything else. I guess now its just a waiting game to see what happens next. He is only seven so not an old bunny.

Any positive thoughts would be appreciate x

How awful for you, it is so hard to see them struggle and not know what to do, I do sympathise with you, sending lots of supporting vibes for you and Onslow, hope you manage to find out what is going on and that he can recover quickly.

Poor little guy - so worrying when you don't know what is wrong and how to get it fixed. It does sound very strange. Loads of vibes for him xxx

Poor Onslow :(. I'm afraid I can't offer any advice but sending masses of healing (((((vibes))))) for him.

Gosh they sound very scary episodes :( I hope Onslow is comfy now & that the vet can stop it happening again. Sending lots of vibes x

Topping up vibes for Onslow. He is in good hands, and as well as sending my love and vibes to Onslow, I am thinking of you and Steve at this anxious time. xx

Poor Onslow, he is one of my favorite Rainbow Rabbits. Sending tonnes of healing vibes your way with all due speed. (((((Hugs))))) xxxx

That's awful: strokes affect humans very differently, is it the same with rabbits? Not that that's ANY comfort, I know :( Best wishes to you all!

Thank you

Onslow was caked in poo this morning. We have not been able to clean him as well as I wanted because he became so distressed which badly affected his breathing :(

I am now wondering about liver failure. But I am wondering about a lot of different possibilities. I have made another appointment for tomorrow as I want to see a specific vet.

Poor boy, I wish there was a way to get them to understand we're trying to help them. Sending lots more vibes for him x

Thank you. There is no great change today. He is eating and Pooing but not happy. We are back to the vet first thing tomorrow.

I'm so sorry he is still feeling poorly, Liz. Sending more vibes for Onslow for his vet visit and (((((hugs)))) for you. xxxx

Back