• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Raaaaaage!

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
pets at home posted a thing on facebook about puppy and cat sales

it also turned into a posting about cage sizes ect...

theres a few idiots posting on there saying 3x3 cages are fine for rabbits ect...

comments saying their cage sizes are fine and we know nothing about rabbit welfare and how if we dont like the cage sizes dont buy them as others are happy with them.....

I think Im going to cry and bang my head against a wall

I dont know if I can post the link to it so go on the pets at home facebook page if you want to see its under

"In response to frequent postings on social media that have consistently misrepresented our position in relation to puppy farming and the sale of puppies, we are taking this opportunity to make our position clear:"

its not the pets at home responces that are making me angry its people........

makes me sad people like a shop so much they wont actually question the cage sizes and think people who complain are wrong....

Id have no problem with pets at home if they sold the correct accomodation

Last edited:
Loads of the comments defending p@h are so rude :evil: Swearing and telling anyone voicing concerns to wind their neck in, shut up, stop moaning! :evil:

Your comments are really good though (I'm assuming it's you who replied to the comments and challenged those saying a small cage is fine) - much more polite and sensible than some of the comments!

I've given up trying to challenge people's opinions when they act like this :( I think sometimes the best thing you can do is just state your position and back it up with evidence, and not get into an argument, and hopefully anyone reading will take note.

I had a quick glance at that post earlier. People were asking genuine questions about why they still sell rabbits when there are so many in rescue and they were continually side-stepping the question. I had to stop reading as I could see how frustrated the bunny supporters were getting!

Thanks Lucy

There's lots of posts attacking those who spoke on the cage sizes being too small ect...

The people who are avid pets at home supporters think they can do no wrong and won't accept the cage sizes are not adequate

I've had people who said they work for them post in response to what I said and they said things like "I think you'll find the sizes are adequate"
Ect...

Despite me posting what the min guidelines are and how their cages do not meet them

Sigh...

Frustrating, sadly the world is full of idiots. I just don't understand how you can see a wild rabbit then think that a tiny hutch/cage is adequate. It doesn't even require the need to work anything out its glaringly obvious. Bless you for trying though xx

Frustrating, sadly the world is full of idiots. I just don't understand how you can see a wild rabbit then think that a tiny hutch/cage is adequate. It doesn't even require the need to work anything out its glaringly obvious. Bless you for trying though xx

Very true. Same for hamsters, etc as well... very sad.

I've posted a few comments myself today. Feels like banging my head against a brick wall though. 😈😈

It's hard to be polite to such idiots. :(

I've posted a few comments myself today. Feels like banging my head against a brick wall though. ����

It's hard to be polite to such idiots. :(

I saw :thumb:

Theres a few posts saying the people who are posting about animal welfare are uneducated idiots

I was like 0_o

right... yet you are defending pets at home saying everything is awesome yet have nothing to support what you are saying unlike the facts and proven evidence the so called uneducated idiots you are insulting lol

I am so fed up with people who just wont see how cruel these cages are...

My favourite post so far is from the blunder-bint who reckons people might be put off a rescue gerbil or hamster due to the emotional baggage they might be carrying.

My favourite post so far is from the blunder-bint who reckons people might be put off a rescue gerbil or hamster due to the emotional baggage they might be carrying.

I haven't seen that one. I've kept off for the past couple of hours as it's winding me up.

Little Laura, thanks for liking my comments.:wave:

I haven't seen that one. I've kept off for the past couple of hours as it's winding me up.

Little Laura, thanks for liking my comments.:wave:

np lol your post spoke sense there needs to be more sense in that sea of idiocy

you made me grin if there was a like button I would like the hell out of your to comments lol

I know right....

dear lord some of the comments made me not want to live on this planet anymore.... hum... that mars mission suddenly sounds more appealing......

one of the guys who said the most rubbish to me and stated the most bull poop deleted one of his threads with all the posts on it

which is annoying as I gave a lot of welfare info which has now been deleted sigh......

Back