• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Will you have more?

BeatrixPotter

Mama Doe
Bunnies I mean.

I had always thought that after Molly goes to the bridge, which hopefully will not be anytime soon, I would not have anymore bunnies. But lately I have been feeling that I couldn't imagine life without a bunny or two in it. OH agrees and so when the time comes I am planning to rescue a pair.

What about you?

Nope, I won't be having more. I love my two so much, but I have done nothing but worry about them since I got them. I don't worry about any of my other species even half as much. For the sake of my own sanity, I can't have rabbits forever.

Maybe, we'll see what happens! Might foster or go for old bunnies, we'll see what our situation is then :) If not, will donate the setup to a rescue!

Yeah, but I won't have more than 2 at any one time!

Snap, I'd love to add to my bunny family now but its just too much work!

I love my two so much and I'd do anything to make sure they were the happiest and healthiest they can be! I'd love one day to have a pair of Netherland dwarfs and maybe one day a pair of giants. But those are just dreams whilst I have these two in the apple of my eye :love:

No, I took on more than I could handle with 7 buns, now down to 5. But as they go I will not replace them. x

Well Smudge is a couple of years younger than my girls so in my mind I have a tentative plan of getting a young rescue pair once my girls go and then once Smudge goes only ever having a pair. I might feel like I don't want anymore, we'll see I guess.

Last edited:
Hopefully!

I will only ever want one set of rabbits, and only ever want house rabbits from now on though!

I desperately would love a dog and if my career and lifestyle ever allows me to get a dog I will have to consider whether I can have a dog or two whilst having house rabbits and if not then I may make the decision not to replace rabbits as they go so I can get a dog and then at a later point if I can house rabbits and dogs safely both indoors then I will get bunnies again :) I am not sure I will be able to get a dog until retirement though :lol: so it'll be bunnies forever!

Although OH is obsessed with the idea that we should have a pet free house at some point and doesn't want to replace rabbits as they go, although I've told him that if the bunny who is left still is likely to have more than a year of life left we will always get an age/health matched rabbit so they have company. Plus I don't ever want to be pet free! So we'll have to argue that one out :p

I won't be having six again that's for sure! Two pairs would be my limit, but realistically probably only one pair as I want a conti next so I don't think three bunnies and one Conti is a good idea for me! :shock::lol:

Yeah, but I won't have more than 2 at any one time!

That's how I feel. Had 6 at one point but quickly became overwhelmed when I was ill. I would just have 2 indoor buns, I would like 2 now but Molly has made it quite clear that she doesn't want to bond with any bun.

I always said no and that if anything happened to one of them the other one would be a house bunny and live out their life with us but now that Dizzi has passed away that has all changed.

We brought Rascal indoors but he was clearly unhappy and was clearly missing Dizzi so we've been to the local rescue and reserved a little girl bunny. We have to wait a couple of weeks as she's only recently been spayed so once her hormones calm down the rescue will help us try bonding them.

I was just chatting with hubby about this on Saturday. We have 8 buns - but that is too many and takes up too much time and they don't have the space they ideally should have. We also have 2 budgies and 2 hamsters.

So we've decided as a start - no more hamsters - we've had them for years (not the same ones obviously) and they are adorable but we have to start somewhere. Buddy is over 2 years old now and is a bit doddery on his legs so he won't be with us long now. Dempster is 1 year old so with us for a bit longer. The budgies are 6 years this year so middle aged really so plenty of time with them still.

The oldest bun is only 4 this year so God Willing - we still have plenty of time with them - but will not replace them as they leave us UNLESS of course one bun is left on their own with many years still to live. We will always have 2 buns though - and we can fit out the spare room as a proper bunny room for them and spend more quality time with them. But we will see how things are then - plenty of time to chop and change our minds.:lol:

Yes, I can't imagine not having bunnies in my life. But the plan as my own numbers reduce is to start fostering rather than having such high numbers of permanent residents.

Yes. I plan on having rabbits until I am no longer capable of caring for them, though I doubt I will have more than two at a time. I just don't feel right without rabbits.

Back