• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit holiday manual

Springfield24

Alpha Buck
So I'm going on holiday in 6ish weeks and I'm panicking. I've got two house rabbits who will be looked after by my mam who will go to the house in the morning and evening to see to their basic needs and playtime on the evening. Not great but best I can do.

I'm writing a bunny manual covering everything I think she'll need and I'm already on page 5 despite being nowhere near done.

Am I being fair writing it or a touch OTT?

Our bunnies go into boarding when we are away for more than a few days, but when it's just a weekend my parents come down and take care of them. I usually do a sheet, and we have to fill out sheets for boarding. If it gives you piece of mind I would do it!

I went away in September and my neighbour looked after the bunnies ...... I did her a bunny manual and she said she was really glad I had.

I also rang my vet before I went and explained I would be on holiday they put it on my file so that if my neighbour had to take either of them for an appt, they wouldn't ask her for payment and I could settle with them when I got home.

I went away in September and my neighbour looked after the bunnies ...... I did her a bunny manual and she said she was really glad I had.

I also rang my vet before I went and explained I would be on holiday they put it on my file so that if my neighbour had to take either of them for an appt, they wouldn't ask her for payment and I could settle with them when I got home.
That's a great idea about ringing the vets. I'm fortunate that they're literally 7 doors away if there was an issue too.
I don't have any local boarding places but I wouldn't use then for 2 reasons :
1 I trust my mam to follow my instructions to the letter
2 I would much prefer to leave them where they're familiar at home

I don't disagree with boarding mind you I'm just very much a worrier and I can keep in touch with my mam daily without her getting annoyed! !

Wow, I only have a three-page manual! But no, I don't think you're going overboard!
Thank you! Well I'm trying to cover all bases like food/water/hay/routine /possible illness signs and what to do. ..they're in a table. .. going to put them all printed into a folder then I don't need to do it again lol

I've got a ring binder with at least 3 pages per rabbit. I don't expect my sitter to read it all but the information is there if she needs it.

Back