• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Binky question

I was just wondering whether binkies always involve a twist in the air when jumping? It's just that I thought that Scrappy never binkied, although she does flop a lot, but she does occasionally jump in the air, especially after a good nomming session in her forage box. I'm hoping this is a binky. Or maybe it's just static from the rugs :?

Dandy and Beano, my manic outdoor pair, often twist when binkying, whereas Boots, my more sedate indoor bunny, often does more of a wriggly hop :lol:

:lol: Wriggly hop. Somehow that's given me an image of Boots on the dance floor at a terrible 80s disco :lol:

Zoobec, everytime you mention your bun Boots, I think you mean me :lol::lol::lol:

My three do all sorts. They twist in the air, but sometimes they also do a jump on the spot; so they go from completely stationary to being up in the air, then landing back where they were! They might also do the bunny 500 mad laps around the run, and change direction constantly. Sometimes when they're feeling lazy they just do a sort of body twitch on the spot, with no take off :lol:

Zoobec, everytime you mention your bun Boots, I think you mean me :lol::lol::lol:

My three do all sorts. They twist in the air, but sometimes they also do a jump on the spot; so they go from completely stationary to being up in the air, then landing back where they were! They might also do the bunny 500 mad laps around the run, and change direction constantly. Sometimes when they're feeling lazy they just do a sort of body twitch on the spot, with no take off :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: every time you post it makes me look twice, almost as if Boots Bunny has posted it :shock: :lol:

Sounds like a binky to me :D Bunnies binky in different ways I've noticed.

Chewie is very springy and he likes to get a lot of height: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duOoGnRepUM Sometimes he even does a 180 and ends up facing the other way!

Smudge sort of runs, jumps, and wiggles her bottom all at the same time :lol: Unfortunately I don't have a video of that.

Lopsy jumps funny: like a hop but with more height than necessary. Sometimes he bashes into the bars of his run with his feet and bounces off it (makes a terrible noise indoors :lol:) and sometimes he rears up like a horse and then bounds off. But he's a weirdo ;P

Binkies don't even need to be them leaping off the floor. Some buns do "head binkies" where they shake their heads and ears whilst hopping, especially older buns or buns with less mobility do this...or sometimes they are just lazy! Fiver does this to me whenever I walk in the room, sometimes he does a full binky but generally it's the head shake. Although, flicking their ears can actually be a sign that they are annoyed you can generally tell one from the other because of context. So if I pick Fiver up and put him down and he shakes his ears at me then it means I have annoyed him. If he does it when I'm feeding them then it's a head binky. :thumb:

Blueberry does a twisty binky :lol: Lady Katherine usually just does a big hop in the air whilst playing but sometimes twists. My others are too lazy to binky :roll:

Back