• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

she's older than I thought

kerrylouise

Warren Scout
I have recently got a doe and was told she was 9 weeks old, however shes is actually 6 months old, my buck got hold of her (purely by accident) she isn't spayed as we didn't think she was old enough could this be why there was so much blood from where he mated her?

I have recently got a doe and was told she was 9 weeks old, however shes is actually 6 months old, my buck got hold of her (purely by accident) she isn't spayed as we didn't think she was old enough could this be why there was so much blood from where he mated her?

There should not be a lot of blood loss as a result of mating, regardless of the age of the Doe, it is not 'normal'. So I hope that both Rabbits have been examined by a Vet to ascertain why a lot of bleeding occurred. I am assuming your Buck is entire ? If so the your Doe is probably pregnant now.

Both have been checked after the incident and no my buck is neutered he was done at 6 months he's now 5, the vet said they are both in perfect health and the blood could have been a result of fighting but I was especially worried as the blood was around her genital area and legs

I am glad she cant be pregnant. If the Vet examined both Rabbits, including their genitals, and found no sign of an injury then I dont know why there was a lot of blood or where the blood came from. But if the blood was all around her genitals then that could indicate a bite wound to her vulva. But if the Vet said all was OK then........................ ????

Rabbits to tend to bite the genitals when fighting, poor Bunny had a nasty wound on his bits when he first met Benji. Hope they both ok x

I'm taking them both back to the vets for second opinions hopefully if there was a nasty injury it's okay now, just worried as was hoping to bond them, luna is scared of everything now think the vet trip has terrified her as she wasn't quite as shaky, he's gone off of his food which I thought was because he was lonely but maybe the vets missed something, how long should I leave it before I try letting them meet properly

Rabbits to tend to bite the genitals when fighting, poor Bunny had a nasty wound on his bits when he first met Benji. Hope they both ok x

I think I just heard the entire male population slam their legs together...

(Sorry, no advice, but hope she recovers well)

you should wait to introduce them until 6 weeks after your doe is spayed. i hope they are both ok, it does sound like one was injured badly and the vet missed it...

I've placed them next to each other that way I'm.hoping they get used to each other and thinking of sending them away to be bonded

Back