• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed question

beki

Mama Doe
My new bunny Bertie was described by the rspca as a Dutch cross. He is beige and white with the correct Dutch markings and is around 2.1kg. I don't mind at all that he is a cross but I was just wondering, he has uppy ears when he is listening (and quite large ears too in comparison to pictures of other Dutch rabbits I have seen) but when relaxed he has helecopter ears which are so cute. So I was wondering whether this means that somewhere along the line he may have been crossed with a lop, though he has no other lop features, or whether some uppy eared bunnies ears just lop when they are relaxed? I have only ever had uppy eared bunnies and their ears have always been uppy!

Just interested really :)

I'll get some pics uploaded :) his ears get in the way when I'm trying to take photos of his cute face though!! They make me laugh :)

He sounds a real cutie :love: I know relaxed uppy bunny ears go flat along their back when relaxed (or frightened), but with helicopter there is possibly some lop, probably a grandparent or great grandparent. I know my lop somehow ends up with one uppy ear sometimes...

Back