• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much dry food? How much veg?

I was wondering how much dry food and how much veg is recommended for a healthy bunny? I keep reading conflicting weights/amounts...i don't wanna feed too many dry food or vegetables. I know everyone is different, but i wanted to gage an average of opinions.

Thanks so much

Jenny

The food pyramid mabels mum provided is a good guide of a rabbits diet. Personally, I give my buns unlimited hay, a small cup of pellets and some veg in the afternoons. I am yet to treat them to any fruit. :lol:

I think you'll get conflicting opinions because it varies based on the size and healthy weight of the bunny but the pyramid is a good guideline. Hay as the most important, and then some veg a day and a few pellets to get all those good nutrients in.

I find my bunny usually tells me with his poos if his diet isn't right. If he's getting too much veg (which doesn't really happen cos he's a calcium bun so I have to be careful what I give him) his poos get too soft, if he's having too many pellets they get dark and a little smaller, if he's eating just right he gets lovely big round golden poos and maintains his weight really well. So any adjustments we make are based on him and his digestive system :)

Back