• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Breed needed for insurance!

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Not sure if this is in the right place but....

We came home last night to find Sylar (black) dragging his back left leg. We took him to the emergency Vets and luckily he seems to be ok (i'm probably in a worse state than him, so many tears!) but we did get hit with a nice out of hours bill! Luckily we are insured (4 weeks free with Petplan) but the forms are asking for his breed and honestly we don't have a clue! We got him from the Pets at Home adoption Center and it says nothing on his paperwork, it just says 'Not known' so any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Last edited:
Hiya, aww bless him and such a relief for you! But maybe just a heads up, my little bunny did unfortunately break his leg, and when we phoned up to claim on our 4 week free insurance, we got declined... But fingers crossed yours will go through okay and really glad he's alright.

Xx

Thank you. I'd completely forgotten that we even had Insurance until they asked us the question at pay time so if we get anything back it will be a bonus :) Nobody told me that Bunnies completely take over your heart :love: I was a right state, only had them for just over a week but wow, I love them! I think it was his Valentines present to me :lol: So naughty!

Last edited:
Aww that's okay then.. Just seen that you've commented on my other thread about my little man Harvey and thank you so much! It's scary how quickly you fall in love with them and they become such a big part of your life. My buns are my life, my partner jokes about it all the time, how they come before him, but I'm so lucky that he's really supportive! :love:

The split moment when I was on the phone to the referral vet finding out about Harvey actually breaking both legs & the pain he must have been in, I fainted.. And just felt heartbroken, I've never felt like that in my life and never want to ever again.. And that's only after 7 weeks of having my little babies.

They certainly do, bunnies just have this effect on you and unfortunately when these awful things & scares happen, you soon realise their your babies and nothing else matters.. Even after a week bet your a wonderful bunny mum.

Xxx

Not sure if this is in the right place but....

We came home last night to find Sylar (black) dragging his back left leg. We took him to the emergency Vets and luckily he seems to be ok (i'm probably in a worse state than him, so many tears!) but we did get hit with a nice out of hours bill! Luckily we are insured (4 weeks free with Petplan) but the forms are asking for his breed and honestly we don't have a clue! We got him from the Pets at Home adoption Center and it says nothing on his paperwork, it just says 'Not known' so any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

Normally 'cross breed' does it :thumb:

Hope all is well with the insurance claim xx

Yes I'd just go for mixed breed, cross breed, non-pedigree or domestic rabbit or similar, exactly how they categorise a general 'bunny' varies by insurer so you'll have to look through the list until you find something vague sounding like one of the above!

Aww that's okay then.. Just seen that you've commented on my other thread about my little man Harvey and thank you so much! It's scary how quickly you fall in love with them and they become such a big part of your life. My buns are my life, my partner jokes about it all the time, how they come before him, but I'm so lucky that he's really supportive! :love:

The split moment when I was on the phone to the referral vet finding out about Harvey actually breaking both legs & the pain he must have been in, I fainted.. And just felt heartbroken, I've never felt like that in my life and never want to ever again.. And that's only after 7 weeks of having my little babies.

They certainly do, bunnies just have this effect on you and unfortunately when these awful things & scares happen, you soon realise their your babies and nothing else matters.. Even after a week bet your a wonderful bunny mum.

Xxx

It was heartbreaking to read. I can't even believe that would happen :( I really do wish him the speediest of recoveries. How you didn't break HER legs is beyond me, obviously you are a better woman than I am!
I cried my eyes out last night and I gave myself the biggest migraine which then made me sick! They certainly do have an effect on you. They are so affectionate, I've been having Valentines kisses from them for the last few hours, they just keep nuzzling and licking me and I didn't realise having Buns would be anything like that! I did a bit of research but nowhere near enough and everything they do surprises me! My boyfriend loves them too!
Aww thank you! I don't feel like a wonderful Bunny mum right now, I feel like I've failed in a way so far but I guess that i've just got to keep telling myself that these things happen :(

Back