• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winston has arrived!

ImoT

Mama Doe
Yaaaaaay he's here!!! :D :D :D

He had a bit of a stressful journey last night and due to multiple things going wrong he ended up being in his carrier in the car for over an hour :(

He's very nervy and won't let me pick him up yet (I know rabbits don't like it generally though!), but he seems to enjoy head strokes. He's gone a bit funny with his litter tray though and has knocked it over three times since last night. Earlier I walked into the kitchen and he had moved it into the middle of his cage (not knocked it over though) and had pooed all over his cage! So i've put the poos back into the litter tray. I haven't changed the place of his tray or the type of litter so i'm not sure why he is doing this?

He is in a cage at the moment and we have adapted an outside run and put a run around the cage and my OH has made a ladder for him to get out of the cage and into the run safely but he hasn't used it yet!! He will eventually be a free ranging rabbit but we need to make sure he is fully litter trained first!! Also he has been kept in just the cage mainly with his last owners (I know, not ideal!!!) so we didn't want to overwhelm him by giving him heaps of space straight away!

1613794_10152857380013598_8079835601477062912_n.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't he just perfect? :love:

Happy Gotcha Day Winston!! ('gotcha day' is the day that a pet arrives with its new owner)

:love::love:

Thank you everyone! I happen to think he is pretty cute too!! :love: If anyone has any advice re his litter tray knocking over thought that would be much appreciated :?

Thank you everyone! I happen to think he is pretty cute too!! :love: If anyone has any advice re his litter tray knocking over thought that would be much appreciated :?

I have one with high back with tags on that attach to,the side of my cage so Pie can't throw it about :D

is it his original tray my Pie didn't like using a used one :roll: so I had to get a new one ;)

Last edited:
I put bricks into the ones in my quads shed. He is probably getting used to his new home and arranging things to his liking. The extra pooing could be territory marking and should settle once he does.

He is gorgeous.

Hello, he is cute. Coincidentally I had the exact same litter tray in my bunny's hutch when I first had her and she used to kick it over. I would put it back in place and she would even pick it up with her teeth and toss it across the cage :roll: Not sure why but she hated it. Anyway I took it out of the cage and gave her a different type of tray (a square shallow one instead) and she was fine with it.

I put bricks into the ones in my quads shed. He is probably getting used to his new home and arranging things to his liking. The extra pooing could be territory marking and should settle once he does.

He is gorgeous.

I have one with high back with tags on that attach to,the side of my cage so Pie can't throw it about :D

is it his original tray my Pie didn't like using a used one :roll: so I had to get a new one ;)

I tried to quote Sarahbun as well but for some reason it would only let me quote two?!!

Thank you for your input/advice. Mrsmcarey it is the same litter tray (and cage and everything) that he came with…I thought it would be better to keep everything the same as I didn't want to stress him out with all new things, maybe he feels shortchanged because he got a new owner but no new stuff :p

He didn't use his ladder at all this morning (made lovingly by my OH) so I went to p@h and bought him those bendy stick things and made him a new one out of that and some boxes and he still is staying put in his cage :? He just uses the sticks as a chin scratcher!! :roll: I'm hoping it's just because he is getting used to things and there are lots of different noises going on and new smells so he just wants to stay where he knows he is safe for now!

I tried to quote Sarahbun as well but for some reason it would only let me quote two?!!

Thank you for your input/advice. Mrsmcarey it is the same litter tray (and cage and everything) that he came with…I thought it would be better to keep everything the same as I didn't want to stress him out with all new things, maybe he feels shortchanged because he got a new owner but no new stuff :p

Oh well, it was a thought :)

I'm sure he will come out soon it took Rosie a few hours to venture out of her pen under the stairs :lol: now I can't keep the little devil in so she is free 24/7 living room and kitchen :roll: I gave up locking the gate, she broke pegs and also the biggest bulldog clip I had :roll:

Oh well, it was a thought :)

I'm sure he will come out soon it took Rosie a few hours to venture out of her pen under the stairs :lol: now I can't keep the little devil in so she is free 24/7 living room and kitchen :roll: I gave up locking the gate, she broke pegs and also the biggest bulldog clip I had :roll:

Haha awww :D Eventually Winston will be free range in the kitchen and then will be allowed in the rest of the downstairs when one of us are home. But he needs to stop throwing his litter tray around and pooing everywhere first, and be brave enough to venture into his run!!

Back