• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your Bunny's personality?

Rabbit1999

Young Bun
As the title says,I just wanted to know what your rabbits personality is.Buddy,my adorable little girl,she is happy by day and cranky by night.If I cuddle with her she is happy with me for the rest of the day.I just love her so much and I just wanted to know what your rabbits personality is?

Thanks,
Rabbit1999

Boots, my indoor bunny is very very friendly, very laid back, he will always have a cuddle, and falls asleep tooth purring on my knee :love:

Dandy and Beano are my outdoor pair, they are very lively, manic rabbity rabbits who tolerate humans so long as they bring food and hay. They do not like being stroked, and hate being picked up. The only time I can hold them is at the vets when they are submissive. I don't enjoy holding them then because I know they hate it so much.

I love all my bunnies, for who they are :love:

Lilly is really sweet, she loves a cuddle on the floor, but she can be feisty, she will grunt at me if I'm being too slow with food or I'm in her way :lol: but she's also very submissive so if she's in my way she won't argue about being picked up and put down somewhere else! She's really really lazy, sleeps a lot, lays about awake a lot, if she's sleepy (most of the time) the only thing that will make her move is food :lol: she can be playful too though and when she is, she's very naughty and knows it too because she does regular naughty binkies! She used to be much more timid, now she's really bossy with me though :lol: she used to be really nervous with being touched but now I can pretty much stroke her anywhere and she doesn't care

Arthur is sweet too, not as bossy as Lilly with me but never submissive with me either! If he doesn't want to do something there is no making him do it! He's a live wire, well he's either at 100% energy or 0% :lol: he zooms everywhere, plays all the time he's awake and then all of a sudden without warning it's FLOP and he's out to the world completely fast asleep, he's very friendly and humans do not scare him at all, if he's not on zoom time he loves a nose rub! He climbs all over people if they're in his way, nothing really phases him! He is even naughtier than Lilly and will eat EVERYTHING including candles :evil: he's so friendly though and if he's flopped he lets me kiss his belly :love:

Oh and they love each other a ridiculous amount, they've just been playing with a paper bag full of broccoli (great fun to watch!), Lilly has laid out on the rug and Arthur has just sought her out, given her a lick and flopped up against her :love: when I had Harvey with Lilly they were very dependent on each other, now Lilly is more independent and can cope if she finds herself over the other side of the room from Arthur, but they still spend as much time as possible as close to each other as possible :love: they're sweetness towards and love for each other sums them up in my opinion!

Scrappy is an incredibly sweet, gentle and friendly girl. Not keen on being picked up but does love being stroked and having nose rubs. Before I adopted her I was told she was quite a nervous bunny so I do try and make sure her home environment is calm and quiet (tv/music on a low volume, which I prefer anyway as I find loud noises quite aggravating, and speaking to her quite softly). 90% of the time she is relaxed and contented but there are still traces of that innate nervousness. She can be quite feisty if she doesn't like me doing certain things (like giving her meds when she was ill, checking her bottom's clean, her ears and her claws) and she can be extremely uncooperative. Although I do think a large element of that is due to the fact that I'm quite apprehensive when having to do it, which she probably picks up on.

She does have "fads". At the moment it's digging and she's currently spending most of the day playing in her dig boxes. Other times she's had a bit of a mania for climbing up furniture, exploring every nook and cranny of the flat, running through tunnels or playing with soft toys. The fad usually last a few days and then she'll move on to something else.

Blueberry is my bouncy little spring :love: he bounces about all over the place being nosey and curious about everything. He once did a backflip off the vet table and over the vets shoulder onto the floor without batting an eyelid! :shock: guess he wasn't impressed with being microchipped!

Slipper is evil :lol: but only I can say that. He's extremely intelligent and can outsmart me easily. He's also a demanding little diva who stamps and bites if he doesn't get his own way or to let you know he disapproves of something :roll: he's also completely food oriented! His whole life revolves around food and woe betide you if you don't give him enough (in his mind) or if he thinks you're going to steal it!! He has been very sweet recently with Blueberry being poorly and let me cuddle him and cry all over him at the vets last week which is not like him at all!

Lady Katherine is just as intelligent as Slipper, but more affectionate. She makes sure I'm watching her when she does something norty so she gets told off and then does a norty binky :roll::lol::love: but then she comes up to me for a cuddle as if to say "I love you really mummeh".

Jacquetta is Lady Katherine's sister and with such a personality as Lady Katherine, it's hard for her to stand out. She's the submissive one and a lot more nervous which makes it difficult to interact with her without Lady Katherine interrupting.

Blackavar is my snuggle bun :love: he just loves fuss and cuddles and attention. He'd sit there all day being cuddled :love: we have a strong bond as he's had trouble with stasis and dental episodes since I got him and he came from the freeads so it took a lot of work to sort him out, but he's fantastic now and really happy and healthy :love:

Cherry is my wildie x. She's very much a rabbits rabbit, and very nervy which made it difficult to bond with her ESP as I only got her in September. But we've got there and she now feels relaxed enough around me that she no longer feels the need to hide from me and she can carry on with what she was doing before I interrupted. She's also just as bouncy as Blueberry!

Three words to describe Amy: 'affectionate', 'fat' and 'DIVA'! :lol: She can be a right little naughty madam when she wants to, and demands attention and fuss quite a bit of the time. She's the boss with anyone else but me; she's quite submissive except when I'm doing something g she doesn't like. She is also extremely greedy; she goes mad for her biscuits and pellets, and regularly tries (and sometimes succeeds!) to steal my food, and literally glasses of juice- seriously, she grabbed the mouth of a glass full of juice and ice once and tried to run away with it, spilling juice all over me. She's incredibly lazy- she's quite laid back, although can get a bit nervy in some situations.

The most notable thing about her, however, is her affection for me (and a few other people); within four days of having her, she was licking me, and has continued to do so since. She spend anywhere from about a minute to an hour each day, usually spread out, licking my hands or face, and sometimes whatever other skin she can get to. She gives more kisses than a puppy. She lines giving kisses to my brother and uncle too, and had sat quietly in my gran's lap before. She doesn't lick my mum or dad but I think this is because they smoke/drink respectively and I don't think she likes the smell. She does not like being picked up and carried, but is a total lap rabbit once she gets there. If she's not flopped, loafed or chewing something, she's snuggled in my arms. She's fallen asleep there too a handful of times. It is the most heartwarming feeling in the world. She's a real sweetheart. :love:

Jasper is lazy and laid back. He prefers his own company and his OWN room!!! (take him out and he hops upstairs straight back to bed!!) :D

Nibbles is extremely cheeky! He's happy to have nose rubs but generally prefers the company of Buttons.

Buttons doesn't like much human contact but she can be a sweetie when she wants to be.

Lance is adorable :love:He will do anything to be stroked and whenever he hears the fridge opening he bounds on over to beg for food! He's not to keen on being picked up and refuses to explore; he wont venture beyond the covered areas of the floor but of course we still love him :love:

Star was rescued from a BYB and obviously roughly handled so has taken afew months to trust me.She now stays relaxed when I go in their room.Shes a quiet girlie with no sign of aggression ever despite her bad start in life.Shes a complete sweetie.
Her son Sam however is a complete loon:lol:Hes always charging around being silly.Hes very cheeky and when im changing their litter tray is in and out of the hay bag or the tray and pulling long pieces of hay about everywhere.:roll::lol:

Milly is abit reserved but a real lovely.She doesn't really like nose rubs but is easily handled and gentle and kind to her husbun Harry who she adores:love:Making hay tunnels is her favourite pastime.
Harry has been poorly for awhile so quiet at the moment but when hes well hes a huge character.He loves life and is very busy apart from when hes crashed infront of his beloved heater(in the winter)or having endless nose rubs.

Willow is the boss, very feisty, but first in line for treats and Noserubs

Obi is definitely nosy, boisterous, the adventurer in the pack.

Chewy is just so timid and scared, he rarely ventures out alone and relies on bunny company for bravery.

Tinkerbelle is very shy around new people and noises, but very boisterous when its just me and her around XD she's super grumpy in the day, and very quick to show me with foot flicks and thumps when i havent even done anything :lol: but at night she will happily hop around, or sit in bed with me and chill, or dig noisily and throw things around to get my attention <3 i do love her though <3

Frankie my little lionhead cross is very sweet natured, cheeky and not a nasty bone in his body.

Delilah my conti x French lop is BIG, clumsy, funny, feisty, a biter if she feels so inclined, extremely intelligent and adorable.

Elmo: Stubborn, wilful, flighty, brave, intelligent. He is so funny, as everything has to be on his terms. Every morning he does "rounds" and goes outside and checks everything is as it should be. Of an evening, he won't come inside until we've put the food down, shut the shed, gone back inside the house and turned the light off :lol: He was in a pet shop for 6 months as his brothers and sisters were adopted around him, and he was the last one left :( We think that's why he's quite flighty and nervous, as the constant noise and prodding must have been stressful. He's come along way though and will accept nose rubs :love:

Illy: Sister of Chinook, bigger of the two, dominant, nudgey, curious, brave. If anyone is humping someone else, it's Illy. Chinook is so used to it that she'll keep eating whilst it's going on :lol: Illy is happy to observe for a moment, them go charging in. She loves new things and is very smart. She's happy to have a fuss, but only for so long. She'll nudge you until you move out the way, and is always first to the food. She can work out any puzzle games instantly and doesn't need any prompting.

Chinook: Sister of Illy and smaller of the two. Funny, curious, smart, playful. Chin is the happiest to be fussed, and doesn't care what you do to her as long as you're not picking her up. She learns quickly and is the bravest of the three. She will climb all over you to find a treat, and will wait in the same place we prepare dinner now that she's cottoned on :lol:

I love all three dearly, they're all very different but all of them have SO much character. They love each other so much too, they're always snuggled up, and when one isn't feeling well the other two stay close by and snuggle/groom them :love:

When I think of how well we all know our bunnies and what wonderful personalities they have, it breaks my heart even more to know that some poor buns languish in tiny hutches, alone and unable to express their true selves :cry:

I know,I totally agree with you there Boots.Buddy and her bf lives in a big hutch with a lot of room and they have a huge outdoor run where they go hopping around all day long;)

Frosty is white with agouti markings and a fluffy mane. He is outgoing and investigates every new thing that comes into his shed. He also likes to chase his three shed mates away when food arrives. Mind you he will be sitting munching happily away next to them the next second.

Snowflake is white with black markings (Frosty's brother) also with a fluffy mane. He has big eyes and is a real softy who spends a lot of time relaxing and has got the knack of freezing when Frosty approaches to lesten the chances of being nipped out of the way. He and Frosty spend a lot of time cuddled together and usually eat side by side.

Daisy (white with blue eyes) is a lovely big rabbit who likes to investigate things but is also incredibly quick to run and hide. She is bolder than her sister.

Tessie (Daisy's sister) is brown with brown eyes. Like Daisy she has a slightly fluffy mane. She is quiet and gentle and often sits very still in the hutch while the others rush to eat then joins them when they are all settled.

None of them like being held or stroked although Frosty will tolerate a couple of strokes whilst he eats.

My indoor rabbits Mottle and Peaches are a devoted couple who are very much rabbits rabbits. Peaches will watch me alertly from afar. Mottle is happy to be stroked and will always come and see what I am up to as soon as I go into their room.

The two belgian hares; Autumn and her son, Sunshine will hide when visitors come but are happy to be out and about around me. Sunshine has recently become much more jumpy than his mum and no longer allows strokes :)(). They are both utterly fascinated with any changes I make to their set up and love to explore.

Lopsy LIVES for food that not hay or grass: he eats all the time but will choose almost anything in preference to them, including thorns :roll: He likes being stroked, but on his terms (usually if someone's in his run-space, he's OK with it), and is a curious little explorer. He is very smart and also ludicrously dim XD

Back