• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gender Mishap

Rabbit1999

Young Bun
My rabbit is called Buddy and she is a mini Rex or a normal Rex(I think) and she is 3 years old.She has a charming personality,always curious(one ofthese days the saying "Curiosity killed the cat" will happen).She also loves her partner Rex,he is also very curious but a little cranky at times:) aha.Buddy is a spayed rabbit and she has been very happy since.But as some of ye on this forum may already know,she has been sick recently.She suddenly lost so much body weight and her spine nearly poked through her skin and her hips could be felt.But after getting 2 injections and some antibiotics and extra food she is now fattening up and becoming her normal self again,I am so happy she is my little,curious girl.

I will stop all the chatter and tell you the funny story of the gender mishap.I bought her as a little tiny 8 week old baby thinking she was a boy."He" was very aggressive and I brought "him" to get neutered."He" was put under anaesthetic and the vet checked around her area and saw no manly bits.He rang me and told me that "he" was a she.He had to make a bigger incision just to make sure and she was definitely a female.She was then spayed and when she was able to be brought home it was hard to get used if calling her a she.

Also she lost her tail.It dropped off with no blood and it wasn't stood on or anything.The vet said she's ok and no harm was done when she lost her tail and she'll be fine without it.

Well anyway that's the story of Buddy and you will be seeing more of her on this forum,I guarantee that.

Thanks,
Rabbit1999

It seems very common to have an unexpected gender change for rabbits but ... losing a tail :shock: Glad she is ok. We neeeeed pics. I would love to stroke a rex rabbit.

Back