• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how do you wean bunnies? ?Pellet introduction

Beckstar19

New Kit
Hi, my bunnies are seperate from mum and have been since day one as she became aggressive and threw them out the nest box and was very reluctant to feed them at first. She is a lot calmer and happier now and has been feeding them while sitting on my lap. Do I just gradually stop feeding them milk or can I stop straight away. They only feed once a day now but for 5-10 mins. Shall I feed every other day for a few days then stop altogether or just stop now. They are eating hay but and I have special pellets for them but wanted to know how to introduce the pellets as I have read so much different information and I am worried about mucoid enteritis. Do I just put a dozen pellets in to begin with then introduce more as days go on? What sort of problems do I need to look out for when weaning and introducing pellets?

Thanks
Becky

Back