• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want new housing...

roxyroller88

Mama Doe
Hi again!
After reading some (a lot) of your posts on housing, I'm feeling bad for my buns. They did have a 2 tiered cage between them but I've had to separate them for now so at the moment they have got half of it each. I'm getting them out as much as I can when I'm at home but it just doesn't seem fair. I wish I could leave them out in the room all day/night but they are unneutered boys and I've read too many horror stories! I want to get them something bigger each and was thinking of a dog crate or x pen. But I'm pretty open to anything really! I've read the sticky post but I was hoping that people could recommend a specific cage/pen? They are my first rabbits and I'm pretty clueless on what I'm looking for! Most of you have wonderful setups!

Not sure if you've got other family members to contend with but have you considered other rooms - for example bathrooms tend to be easy clean and wire free so can be good exercise spaces without too much work. Cupboards are another option if you've got one you could empty out.

A pen would give you more flexibility than a crate. You could also look a storage cubes.

What sort of space do you have to fit the new setup into?

Thank you for the replies :)
They are currently in a spare bedroom which is 12’4’’ x 8’' which is pretty empty, it basically just has the cages and a desk in it. Eventually I will be more than happy to open up the whole of my upstairs to them which is another bedroom, a small landing and a bathroom. But i'd prefer them to be litter trained first (we are working on it!) because i'm in rented accommodation! Hopefully in time they can come downstairs too but there is a lot of bunny proofing to be done before that's even an option!

Thank you for the replies :)
They are currently in a spare bedroom which is 12’4’’ x 8’' which is pretty empty, it basically just has the cages and a desk in it. Eventually I will be more than happy to open up the whole of my upstairs to them which is another bedroom, a small landing and a bathroom. But i'd prefer them to be litter trained first (we are working on it!) because i'm in rented accommodation! Hopefully in time they can come downstairs too but there is a lot of bunny proofing to be done before that's even an option!

Dont blame you there! Neutering should help with this.

I will look into the Boyles pens :) thanks! Yes, I want to get them booked into be neutered asap. They had their injections last week and one of them is only 1.16kg so she reluctant to do them yet :( We have a pre - neuter consultation in 3 weeks :)

Back