• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Timothy Hay

Freakinfreak

Alpha Buck
Hey ladies and gents,

Just about to order some Timothy Hay but not sure whether to go for 2013 or 2014 hay... any suggestions or comments? :thumb:

I haven't bought 2013, but all of the bags of 2014 I've had have been lovely and the rabbits have been very happy :)

I bought a batch of both 3 weeks ago. The 2013 is still a firm favourite - VERY long strands and exceedingly stalky. Not green at all now though. The 2014 is softer and very green but still has some stalky pieces. The buns like it but it's the piggies who go mental for it.

Our buns prefer the 2014 vintage ... but will happily eat the 2013. I don't think you can go wrong with either to be honest. So pleased I changed to Timothyhay.co.uk.

Another vote for the 2014. :thumb:

My bunnies absolutely love it. I got them a bag as a treat over Christmas. It was quickly demolished, so anyway I went back to the slight cheaper Hay for Pets Timothy & Rye that I usually get. Well their hay consumption decreased so I had to buy another bag of Timothy Hay in the middle of January. My bunnies are extremely spoilt :roll::roll:

Thanks all, I've placed an order for a 20kg bag of 2014 :)

I'm sure he'll love it all the same but was a little cocerned with the high brown rating?

Back