• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My local pet shop now stocks "The Hay Experts" range

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
:D:D:D:D:D

I didn't know they did a range that pet shops can stock but how wonderful to see their range in there ... a convenient 5 minute drive away :D I no longer need to get my dried plantain from "the-pet-shop-you-get-flogged-for-mentioning"... and I'm pleased to see that THE plantain is actually slightly cheaper anyway :D

So, to celebrate I pushed the boat out and bought some dried nettle for them to try.... so, guess how many out of 16 bunnies were willing to try dried nettle?

:roll:

Last edited:
That's fab lucky you! Wish I had a local pet shop that would sell nice dried herbs!

i'm guessing 3 liked the nettle? :)

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I'm guessing one bun turned their nose up at it and all 15 others decided to follow suit :)

No, I was a bit luckier than that. Dinky will eat absolutely anything edible so she ate it without sniffing it - food doesn't touch the sides with her. She ate it happily and begged for more.... 15 turned their little noses up! However, when I went back a few hours later the nettle had disappeared so they obviously decided reluctantly to give it ago. I haven't tried since though... Except with Dinky.

:lol: bunnies are funny creatures.

On a side note, I always assumed you had 4 bunnies as in your signature! I can't imagine having sixteen rabbits - one is plenty for me :lol:

:lol: bunnies are funny creatures.

On a side note, I always assumed you had 4 bunnies as in your signature! I can't imagine having sixteen rabbits - one is plenty for me :lol:

I did have four at the time of the signature, the others just gradually arrived, never got round to updating the signature and won't now as I'm not taking Artie off my signature... ever. I kept saying 8 is my limit and so on. I couldn't manage 16 if it went from 0 - 16 but if you add a couple here and there you get used to the routines quite easily.

I wish the shop I buy their hay and food from stocked Hay Experts range but it's more equestrian and cats and dogs. It only sells 'bulk buy" rabbit supplies. The smaller pet shops which sell treats also sell animals so I don't use them.

Are you sure Nettle didn't eat the lot? I'm sure Nancy would have.:D

That's great that they stock the hay experts stuff :thumb: not so great about the nettle, at least Dinky liked it. And 16 bunnies :shock: :love: I think you should have a photo shoot of them all for us :thumb:

SIXTEEN!!! I find three set ups with eight rabbits well enough for me. Do you have any groups? What sort of set ups have they all got.

I know what you mean about them coming along gradually and thus getting used to the routines. I would soooo love one big group but its never going to happen.

Not tried dried nettle on any of mine. Wish my local shop would stock hay experts stuff though.

Another vote for pics of all your rabbits :D

Back