• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have a juicy tip for those who have buns who chew on carpet

Happy Hopping

Wise Old Thumper
The very first time that 1 of my bun chew on the carpet was 2000, since then, various buns chew on the carpet in the past 14 yr., until last Oct. 2014, when I switch to the "dark green spectrum" (i.e., 100% natural) carpet of this brand:

http://www.naturescarpet.com/

since then, for months, neither 1 of my 2 buns chew on the carpet. There are very rare incidents, say about 2 to 3 times only, from 1 of my bun, who pick up 1 piece of fiber, try to pull it out, (all happens in a few days time frame a few weeks ago), but nothing really happens over all.

By contrast, the play tunnel that is sealed w/ regular carpet, they are still chewing on it.

My other bun Bobby used to get mild GI stasis every month or so, and I knew it's either the cardboard, the carpet or the towel. Since last Sept. after the new carpet is installed, no more Gi stasis. So now I know it's the carpet.

So it's great relief and well worth the $ spent. Just the stress that I no longer need to deal w/ from Bobby's GI stasis is well worth it.

Very interesting, glad they don't chew it, and that Bobby has been stasis free :thumb:

Back