• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

That feeling of relief

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
When you finally clip the bunnies' claws, after having put it off and off because it's so stressful, and it all going right with no accidents :D

And shockingly neither bunny is angry at me! They were stressed during but they both got over it straight away! Bonus!

Yay :thumb: they recover after treats normally :lol:

Arthur was super cuddly straight after, as in he was fine with me carrying him back downstairs which isn't normal, he's usually wriggly! Then he cuddled up to me when I put him on the floor! He accepted a treat though and then flopped :lol: he wasn't that traumatised obviously! Lilly immediately tried to go in the spare room, got told off, did a naughty binky :roll: then when downstairs she stomped at me and then took her treat and forgot all about the nail incident :lol:

Good job!

Post-claw clipping I always feel like a big weight is lifted. Even if I end up covered in their blood AND mine - at least it's done!

Good job!

Post-claw clipping I always feel like a big weight is lifted. Even if I end up covered in their blood AND mine - at least it's done!

:lol: no blood on me this time from bunny of human :D only once drawn blood, from Harvey, and it was horrible! I've never felt so bad and now I worry way too much for nail time!

I have been putting off even looking at Arthur's claws as I was so worried they'd be dark and difficult, but they're clear so a little easier!!! :D

Mack's are white/clear and it's heaven! He takes half the time of the girls put together - no faffing around with a torch!

Mack's are white/clear and it's heaven! He takes half the time of the girls put together - no faffing around with a torch!

I still use the torch with his just not as much, just a quick check! Whereas with Harvey who had dark claws I had to hold it there whilst I clipped! Lilly has mainly clear claws but some have a dark stripe down them which makes things a little difficult!

I'm in the 'putting it off' stage. :oops:

Just imagine that relief when you're done! :lol:

I'd left Lilly's for 4 and a half months, think I should be leaving it 3-4 months with her, they weren't as bad as I was expecting from what they felt when she climbs on me!

I done Hollies yesterday. Was a wee bit paranoid as I made her bleed the last time! :(
Managed fine though.

Herbie will be in the next few days.

:lol: no blood on me this time from bunny of human :D only once drawn blood, from Harvey, and it was horrible! I've never felt so bad and now I worry way too much for nail time!

I have been putting off even looking at Arthur's claws as I was so worried they'd be dark and difficult, but they're clear so a little easier!!! :D

I find it so much easier now I got myself a very bright penlight torch. I really struggled before ...

I get that feeling of relief too even though I secretly love clipping their nails :oops: (but mine are really well behaved so it's not very stressful!)

I also feel very satisfied when looking at their paws and seeing perfectly short, trim nails. I'm weird :oops::lol:

I was staring at Sunshines claws today. Yep. Still black and still need cutting ... oh dear.

Back