• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Was at the vets again last night...

steph182

Wise Old Thumper
This time with Charlie. Stopped eating but caught it really quick. So was at vets about midnight.

He started eating once we got home. He's eating pellets today but not a lot of hay. Bit quiet but doesn't look in pain. Been trying to give him recovery food top but he just will not swallow it, I must be getting kaybe 1ml down him out of every 10 I try.

Hoping he'll be okay now! Rabbits are stressful :(

Oh dear, poor Charlie (and poor you too) hope he's feeling better soon, sending lots of vibes :thumb:

Oh no, I really hope that Charlie will continue to improve. I would not worry too much about syringe feeding if he is eating something for himself. The stress of being force fed can sometimes be counter-productive. I would try to get his fluid intake up. Does he have veg ? If so then serving that wet from rinsing will mean a bit more water intake. You could also try offering him cooled boiled water from a bowl, so the water is warm. Sometimes Rabbits prefer warm water if they are not feeling 100%. Some also like warm mint tea.

I assume the Vet was happy that Charlie does not have any Dental problems ?

He has slight spurs but nothing causing a problem, he's had them for a while but they haven't got any worse thankfully.
He won't eat wet veg at all, he'll ignore it if its freshly washed. I have seen him have a drink though. He's eating hay right now :) he's perked right up since I posted this so I'm just going to keep an eye on him drinking enough.
I only tried syringe feeding twice, I know if I try too often with him he sulks!

He has slight spurs but nothing causing a problem, he's had them for a while but they haven't got any worse thankfully.
He won't eat wet veg at all, he'll ignore it if its freshly washed. I have seen him have a drink though. He's eating hay right now :) he's perked right up since I posted this so I'm just going to keep an eye on him drinking enough.
I only tried syringe feeding twice, I know if I try too often with him he sulks!

Hopefully he is on the mend now, just keep an eye on his output xx

Hope Charlie will be OK now. Poor you up and down to the vets with Molly and Charlie lately. Those noisy neighbours aren't helping.

It was my mother not me! I spend two nights a week at my OHs and they're looked after by Nanny :lol: As soon as she noticed he wasn't eating, I rushed home. My OH came and was brilliant, helped me medicate him last night and checked on him during the night.

It was my mother not me! I spend two nights a week at my OHs and they're looked after by Nanny :lol: As soon as she noticed he wasn't eating, I rushed home. My OH came and was brilliant, helped me medicate him last night and checked on him during the night.

Crikey, he might be a keeper then !!

Back