• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you have a fussy bun?

AmyKennedy

Young Bun
Tinkerbelle seems to be a super fussy bun :lol:
She doesn't like swede, asparagus, banana, beetroot, plantain, dandelion, celery, and more, i cant even remember a lot of what she hates :lol:
But the most annoying thing to me is she wont eat any stalky bits of anything XD not brussels, broccoli, kale or spinach :roll: what a fussy bunny :D
She eats loads of plain old £6 a bale hay though, its just her greens she is fussy with hehe
Are your buns fussy? Or do they just eat what they're given? :lol:

Mine are the opposite. They will eat anything. Except Arthur doesnt like rose petals. Thats the only thing I have found!!

Mine are the opposite as well.
They eat everything and anything, including stuff they shouldn't eat - who would have thought lino could be so tasty! :lol:

I do. Charlie will not eat any fruit at all. He won't eat any veg thats quite damp. He'll eat carrot, brocolli, spring greens and kale. But not if its freshly washed, if its at all wet he'll sit and look at it until you dry it for him. He wouldn't eat kale at all before, he was brave and tried it.
He once scraped the skin of an apple with his teeth, that's his extent of being willing to try fruit. Even the vet called him strange :lol:
He thumps if I put fruit in his bowl. And sulks in a corner when Milly has fruit because she got a treat and he didn't.

Mine are the opposite. They will eat anything. Except Arthur doesnt like rose petals. Thats the only thing I have found!!

You're so lucky :lol: She's costing me a fortune with all the wasted veggies XD might have to stick with the old favourites XD luckily her 2 favourite things, rosemary and apple leaves we have tonnes of in the garden... pretty much the only thing still growing :lol:

Nope, their diet is almost exclusively hay and over winter dried forage so if they get offered anything fresh as a treat they take my hand off eat it and then decide whether or not they liked it! :lol:

Loki has to be left with tomato for a couple of minutes before he will eat it but that's the only thing I've found so far that isn't gone in seconds :lol:

Mine are the opposite as well.
They eat everything and anything, including stuff they shouldn't eat - who would have thought lino could be so tasty! :lol:
:lol: at least her fussiness seems to have so far kept her from eating carpet or lino or anything really :roll:

I do. Charlie will not eat any fruit at all. He won't eat any veg thats quite damp. He'll eat carrot, brocolli, spring greens and kale. But not if its freshly washed, if its at all wet he'll sit and look at it until you dry it for him. He wouldn't eat kale at all before, he was brave and tried it.
He once scraped the skin of an apple with his teeth, that's his extent of being willing to try fruit. Even the vet called him strange :lol:
He thumps if I put fruit in his bowl. And sulks in a corner when Milly has fruit because she got a treat and he didn't.
omg he sounds funny :lol: tinkerbelle loves apple, she goes crazy for it, but will eat the main fleshy part and leave the skin XD if i leave it there she will eventually eat it....

Also i cant figure out to quote another person but tinkerbelle wont even touch tomato or anything that has touched it, same with the banana :roll:

Lopsy'll eat anything except courgette, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. Hard fruit and fruit with skins (banana, orange) = good nom-nom-nom, soft fruit = "Seriously, what is this rubbish, woman?!". He'll eat cauliflower and brussels sprout stalks if they're left long enough, but not cauliflower florets. Sometimes he'll eat the cabbage stalks before the leaves, so we get a lilypad-shaped leaf left for a bit...!

Lopsy'll eat anything except courgette, strawberries, blackberries and raspberries. Hard fruit and fruit with skins (banana, orange) = good nom-nom-nom, soft fruit = "Seriously, what is this rubbish, woman?!". He'll eat cauliflower and brussels sprout stalks if they're left long enough, but not cauliflower florets. Sometimes he'll eat the cabbage stalks before the leaves, so we get a lilypad-shaped leaf left for a bit...!

You can feed buns orange? O_O i never knew that, might try it with tink :D hehe maybe just mine that hates the stalks then XD

He's funny but awkward :lol: I've had him since he was 7 weeks old and he's always been offered things so it's not like he was neglected or anything. He's nearly 7 now and still just as weird.
He won't eat out of food bowls either. He used to, but one day he just decided that he'll only eat pellets off the floor. But he would only drink out of a bowl. Until a few weeks ago and he randomly stsrted drinking out of his bottle again and now prefers that sfter refusing to touch it at all for 6 months.

He's funny but awkward :lol: I've had him since he was 7 weeks old and he's always been offered things so it's not like he was neglected or anything. He's nearly 7 now and still just as weird.
He won't eat out of food bowls either. He used to, but one day he just decided that he'll only eat pellets off the floor. But he would only drink out of a bowl. Until a few weeks ago and he randomly stsrted drinking out of his bottle again and now prefers that sfter refusing to touch it at all for 6 months.

Tinkerbelle switches from exclusively her bottle to only her bowl a lot, its very weird :roll: she would love to eat her pellets out of a bowl because she is a super lazy bun but i make her go find it XD

Mine will eat pretty much anything. Olly is cautious the first time he tries something new, but Penny will literally try to eat anything, including wanting to get her paws on hoomin food! If I'm eating my breakfast cereal or chocolate she will try to take it and pins me down haha, I have to be carefull to keep it all out her way!

Chicken Tikka Marsala - I kid you not!! The only time Bob has ever jumped up on our coffee table is when I went out to the kitchen leaving the remains of a take away behind not thinking that the rabbits would be interested, came back seconds later to find Bob lapping up the sauce. Led to a very strange phone conversation with the emergency vet. Thankfully Bob showed no ill effects but we have learned that Bob will eat anything. He acts like a bunny hoover around the coffee table always on the look out for anything spilled or dropped. Unfortunately we eat at the coffee table most meals because we no longer have a dinning room as it's now the 'bunny room' instead. Kizzy is a different story, she likes her hay, her greens and some fruit, the only bunny friendly food she won't eat is celery.

Back