• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help! aggresive bunnies!

Aninka

New Kit
Hi all, a am new to this forum and am desperately in need of some advice. I am a new bunny owner> I have a female dutch that is roughly 6 months old, a female lionhead that is roughy 6 months and a male mini lop that is also 6months. They all lived together. The male had the snip a few months ago any everything was fine. all three bunnies were happy together and got on really well. then about 2 weeks ago the dutch bunny became aggressive to the Lionhead. we had the dutch bunny spayed two weeks ago hopefully she would be more calm and when she was back with the other bunnies she was ok and accepted although they still fought a little. I then took the lionhead in to be spayed last week. when I went to but her back with the others the dutch bunny went wild and they both were fighting quite aggressively. not only that the dutch bunny won't even let the lionhead into the cage..... what do I do????? I have not had bunnies before and am really worried!!! help!

It might be the lionhead smelled wrong where she had been at the vet, rabbits rely on scent a lot to tell individual apart so they might have thought she was an invading stranger.

I'd let her heal up (10-14 days post op), then give the lionhead a rub down with some dirty bedding from the cage, then pop them on neutral territory (somewhere they don't usually go) and see if that goes better. If the get along ok there give them plenty of time to relax and make friends again before moving them back to their normal home.

Back