• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor poor bunnies

angelinhell

New Kit
I already have 2 guinea pigs but also really wanted a rabbit (or ten) and saw a local advert from a woman whose rabbits had bred and she was looking to give away the babies. So I went to see them yesterday and brought 2 home with me and my sister got an older rabbit that she just couldn't leave as the woman must have had... 12 rabbits running about the shed, 2 of which were in hutches having just given birth and there was 8 in the older litter I took mine from. I didnt think anything of the state of the place as, you know, there's a lot of rabbits and they're messy but the woman said she never handles them. They keep breeding and she can't give them away fast enough. The girls I took had so much poo stuck to their bums that after trying to clean them for hours I eventually had to cut it out of their fur with toe nail clippers and give them a good brush (had to do some cutting on their backs too especially Lillith who is a Lionhead because she was so knotty). Their poos seem ok now (tiny little round things?) but I am soooooooooo paranoid theyre going to be ill. I'm definitely taking them to the vets soon. Question is, should I report this woman or am I just being dramatic?

You should absolutely report her. I don't know what the method is as I've never come across this myself, but I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give advice on how to go about this!

Yes definitely, they wont give out your details and a 'friendly' word might well help

Who should the OP talk to exactly? Is it the RSPCA or is there a rabbit welfare agency she can contact? I ask because I don't know either and would be curious to know who to contact in this situation!

Who should the OP talk to exactly? Is it the RSPCA or is there a rabbit welfare agency she can contact? I ask because I don't know either and would be curious to know who to contact in this situation!

It depends where he/she lives but RSPCA and RWA are the best starting points

Back