• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

treat/toy collection for Harvey - on its way!

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Following on from this thread...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?437804-Urgent-petplan-amp-broken-leg-advice-please

I suggested this due to the horrible ordeal Ruthyjones89 and her bunny Harvey have gone through it might be nice to have some lovely treats and toys sent in for Harvey (purely to aid in his recovery you understand). I'm happy to organise something though I'm not sure what people would be happy to contribute to. Ideally we could have a JustGiving type web page and then I could just do a great big shop at the Hay Experts or something and have it sent to Ruthyjones89.

I've never organised anything like this before though so I'm not sure how best to do it. Any help would be appreciated.

Link below!
http://www.gofundme.com/lxheu4

Last edited:
Would love to help in any way I can- I mean, as well as contributing. I would like to add that if you're ordering something online, that your invoice can be different than your delivery address; you can pay for the package and then send it on. Sorry if that seems obvious, but it might be easier than getting the package sent to your own home, then sending it on again, and then sent on to Ruthy and Harvey.

I'll go and google some things now.

ETA: in addition to possibly using JustGiving, there is also GoFundMe; both are a way of donating/collecting money that can then be spent on treats, toys etc for Harvey (and Honey) by whomever sets it up, which could then be sent on to Ruth.

ETA2: And if we go the JustGiving/GoFundMe route, whomever set up the page, whether Crunchie wishes to do it or would prefer someone else to, should probably be someone able to easily access a good place for said treats/toys; I only have a Pets At Home in my town, with a rather poor selection of said treats/toys.

Last edited:
Lovely idea :love: I reckon it would be easier to have a central fundraising point from which a large order can be placed with whatever company for 1 parcel, then that way it will probably be free delivery as I imagine a good amount will be raised. If not we would all be paying for postage to send things, this way the money all goes to the intended recipient :thumb: Also people who can't afford much can donate whatever they feel able to :thumb:

I think logistically it would be easier to do a collection on Justgiving or GoFundMe and do one big shop for the little ones. Ruth, are any particular types of toys and treats that they like?

Here we have a link, I've started us off and set the goal to £50. :D

http://www.gofundme.com/lxheu4

I'll ask Ruth what kind of toys Harvey and Honey enjoy then do a massive shop at the Hay Experts as we're bound to get free shipping and send it on.

Last edited:
This is a lovely idea. :love:

Agree with others, definitely a central fundraising point and then the treat shopping done from Hay Experts or similar and sent directly to Harvey and Honey.

Count me in :thumb:

Wow everyone, thank you so so much!! I'm just so overwhelmed by everyone's kind and wonderful generosity towards my poor little man and his sister honey. Your kindness really is appreciated so much and as much and I really couldn't have got through the last few days if it wasn't for such wonderful people on this forum.

Honestly from the bottom of my heart, thank you!

Lots of love Ruth xxxx

We've hit our first target of £50 so I'll up it slightly tonight! :-D

Last edited:
We've hit our first target of £50 so I'll up it slightly tonight! :-D

Hmm, since I've got a bit of money right now, would anyone mind if I offered to double the total we end up with? I kinda wanted to last night but then not everybody would have gotten to donate when they wanted to, but if we're doing this well I can afford to give generously (well, within certain reason; I won't put a limit, but after I've checked my balance tomorrow, I can see my 'budget' and probably spare quite a bit).

Hmm, since I've got a bit of money right now, would anyone mind if I offered to double the total we end up with? I kinda wanted to last night but then not everybody would have gotten to donate when they wanted to, but if we're doing this well I can afford to give generously (well, within certain reason; I won't put a limit, but after I've checked my balance tomorrow, I can see my 'budget' and probably spare quite a bit).

I've only just seen this and wow are you sure? I really am lost for words, all of you are really too kind!

I can't thank you all enough, harvey & honey will be truely spolit! xxxxxx

We're up to £70 now guys thanks so much!

SJ_R that's a very kind and generous offer, I doubt whether anyone would object and you could maybe help me do the final shop! :D Is everyone happy for this to close on Friday maybe to give everyone the chance to donate?

I've been in touch with the hay experts and advised them to expect a big big order soon! :thumb:

I've only just seen this and wow are you sure? I really am lost for words, all of you are really too kind!

I can't thank you all enough, harvey & honey will be truely spolit! xxxxxx

If any of us were in your position, I'm certain you'd give, even if it was just a little. And since it looks unlikely we can get to my brother's wedding, and I'm not saving up for anything special, so I can afford to give more. And Harvey is a little superhero; he (and Honey) deserve to be spoilt.

SJ_R that's a very kind and generous offer, I doubt whether anyone would object and you could maybe help me do the final shop! :D Is everyone happy for this to close on Friday maybe to give everyone the chance to donate?

I've been in touch with the hay experts and advised them to expect a big big order soon! :thumb:

Alright then, I hear by pledge that whatever total is ended up with by Friday, I shall donate a matching about. Depending on said total, I do warn it might take a couple of days, but it will be filled.

And thank you Crunchie, but I think since I haven't ordered anything from the Hay Experts before, I shall have to find some things for Amy to 'test drive' first.

Back