PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Reputable Rescue Centres?

DwarfBuns
04-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Can anyone recommend a reputable rescue centre? I'm having to revisit rehoming Daphne, unfortunately her presence is starting to stress Niles out & OH & I have decided it would be best for everyone for her to be rehomed. I've called a few local centres, but no one has space - especially as she is an indoor bun, most centres only have space for outdoor buns.

I'm at a loss, I can't move her anywhere else in the house while we're waiting to rehome her so Niles is just having to suffer while I find somewhere for her to go! The last thing I want to do is take her back to PaH (She was a support adoption rabbit), I know I'm supposed to take her back there, but I just can't bear it!

Any help would be so very greatly appreciated. I have PM'd SOAD a couple of times requesting permission to post in the rehoming section, but not heard anything yet :(

The Duchess
05-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Whereabouts are you?

Edited - just read back to see you are in Leics. I was going to say I'd try her with my three legged houserabbit but would have to let you have her back if it didn't work out but I think that Leicester is too far given that they both have a reputation for not being very good at making friends and the bond may fail promptly.

I just tried to bond Wilf last night (he is a French REW with an attitude) and it didn't get very far.

I don't have indoor rescue spaces or I'd help. If you wanted to e-mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk I can send you my registration form anyway so that if I get a suitable enquiry for a housebunny I can try and put you in touch.

BB Mommy
05-02-2015, 09:47 AM
Not sure whereabouts you are but the Blue Cross rehome rabbits via Home Direct (so bun stays with you until rehomed, but is advertised nationally)
Take a look at www.bluecross.org.uk to see if there is a centre near you rehoming rabbits
ETA
Sorry just' re read that you can't keep whilst waiting to rehome, and your location.

Hope you find someone soon

The Duchess
05-02-2015, 09:51 AM
I've head that Blue Cross do not homecheck - not sure if this is all branches or just the one I've heard about