• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommendations for Reputable Rescue Centres?

DwarfBuns

Warren Scout
Can anyone recommend a reputable rescue centre? I'm having to revisit rehoming Daphne, unfortunately her presence is starting to stress Niles out & OH & I have decided it would be best for everyone for her to be rehomed. I've called a few local centres, but no one has space - especially as she is an indoor bun, most centres only have space for outdoor buns.

I'm at a loss, I can't move her anywhere else in the house while we're waiting to rehome her so Niles is just having to suffer while I find somewhere for her to go! The last thing I want to do is take her back to PaH (She was a support adoption rabbit), I know I'm supposed to take her back there, but I just can't bear it!

Any help would be so very greatly appreciated. I have PM'd SOAD a couple of times requesting permission to post in the rehoming section, but not heard anything yet :(

Whereabouts are you?

Edited - just read back to see you are in Leics. I was going to say I'd try her with my three legged houserabbit but would have to let you have her back if it didn't work out but I think that Leicester is too far given that they both have a reputation for not being very good at making friends and the bond may fail promptly.

I just tried to bond Wilf last night (he is a French REW with an attitude) and it didn't get very far.

I don't have indoor rescue spaces or I'd help. If you wanted to e-mail me on therabbitcrossing@yahoo.co.uk I can send you my registration form anyway so that if I get a suitable enquiry for a housebunny I can try and put you in touch.

Last edited:
Not sure whereabouts you are but the Blue Cross rehome rabbits via Home Direct (so bun stays with you until rehomed, but is advertised nationally)
Take a look at www.bluecross.org.uk to see if there is a centre near you rehoming rabbits
ETA
Sorry just' re read that you can't keep whilst waiting to rehome, and your location.

Hope you find someone soon

Last edited:
I've head that Blue Cross do not homecheck - not sure if this is all branches or just the one I've heard about

Back