• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those of you with Mini Lops...

I was wondering this only last week :lol:

Blackavar is usually around 1.6kg and Blueberry's a mini lion lop who is usually about the same, a shade heavier at 1.7kg. He's lost weight recently though so he's nowhere near that ATM.

Saying that, I know Doughnut on here is a mini lop and she's a lot lighter than my two and that's her normal healthy weight so id guess that it's down to the individual rabbit.

My boy is over 2kg - I think at the last weigh in he was 2.10. He's not a small bunny and his mum was quite a chunky girl, but not overweight. He's what I call chunky!

Mini Lops weight is such a moveable feast, as unless you get a breeder's rabbit, they are probably a mish mash of other breeding and who knows what. I once boarded a couple of 'true' mini lops and they were far lighter than my bruiser :lol:

Levi is a lion lop and he weighs around 2.2kg and Daisy is lighter at 2kg (when they went to the vets in December to have their nails trimmed) the vet has never told me that they are overweight and they don't look or feel overweight. They eat like I'm starving them at the moment. Haha.

Mini Lops weight is such a moveable feast, as unless you get a breeder's rabbit, they are probably a mish mash of other breeding and who knows what. I once boarded a couple of 'true' mini lops and they were far lighter than my bruiser :lol:

Alfrid is a breeder's bunny, I saw both of his parents and they were both pure (well,their parents were MLs) Mini Lops as well. I am just unsure whether Alf is underweight, just right or a bit of a chubster! He has been consistently losing small amounts of weight since last September (and i do mean small amounts - 20g ish each time I weigh him, which tends to be around every two weeks) but I don't know how much he should get down to weighing before it becomes something to notice.

Last edited:
for a purebred mini lop they say Ideal Maximum lbs/oz 3.4- 3.8 in kg 1.5 1.6

many will be varied as petshop mini lops probably have mismatched other breeds down the line somewhere

Slightly related, but Amy, whom came from Pets At Home, is aapparently a dwarf lop, and when she was weighed at the vet's a few months ago was 3.3 kg, or about 7 lbs 4 oz! She might be a little overweight, and I am trying to get her to lose a little, but mostly she is just 'big'- long and tall and chunky. And very hungry!

Slightly related, but Amy, whom came from Pets At Home, is aapparently a dwarf lop, and when she was weighed at the vet's a few months ago was 3.3 kg, or about 7 lbs 4 oz! She might be a little overweight, and I am trying to get her to lose a little, but mostly she is just 'big'- long and tall and chunky. And very hungry!

For some reason I thought Amy was a massive giant bun! Clearly not :lol: although Dwarf Lops are bigger anyway than MLs, aren't they?

Alfrid has got down to 1.46kg which isn't particularly small, I know, but it is the lowest weight I have on record since he was a baby and was poorly...I'm probably being paranoid :lol:

For some reason I thought Amy was a massive giant bun! Clearly not :lol: although Dwarf Lops are bigger anyway than MLs, aren't they?

Alfrid has got down to 1.46kg which isn't particularly small, I know, but it is the lowest weight I have on record since he was a baby and was poorly...I'm probably being paranoid :lol:

1.46kg sounds like a teeny bunny to me :lol:

Arthur is 1.9kg (with a tiny bit of growing left to do) and I think he's so diddy! Lilly is 3.2-3.4kg and I've always considered her a medium bunny but everyone else says she's massive, and compared to Arthur I'm now beginning to see that she is quite a large bunny :lol: (Arthur is a pet mix breed of I don't now what, but I'd assume one of his relatives may have had mini lop in as he is a lop and smaller than a dwarf lop, but maybe not!)

Oh yes, dwarfs (dwarves?) are much bigger than minis, but Amy is still quite a few pounds heavy for the breed. She's bigger than a chihuahua.

You might be a little paranoid, but I would go more by how he feels than his exact weight; you should be just be able to feel his ribs and hip bones. There's a guide to feeling their bodies out there somewhere.

Smidge my wee minilop was usually 1.85kg.... Went down to 1.7 during stasis but generally a level 1.85

She sounds just like Slipper! He was a p@h bunny and allegedly a dwarf lop, but he is a big boy and most RUers who have seen him have been shocked at his size because he's bigger than they imagined. He has some lionhead in him and at least something else unknown. Parsnipbun was very interested in his breeding when she was here - trying to work out what he was. He's lost weight ATM due to mystery illness but he is supposed to be about 3kg - 3.5kg I think. So he's a lop x lionhead x God knows what :lol:

1.46kg sounds like a teeny bunny to me :lol:

Arthur is 1.9kg (with a tiny bit of growing left to do) and I think he's so diddy! Lilly is 3.2-3.4kg and I've always considered her a medium bunny but everyone else says she's massive, and compared to Arthur I'm now beginning to see that she is quite a large bunny :lol: (Arthur is a pet mix breed of I don't now what, but I'd assume one of his relatives may have had mini lop in as he is a lop and smaller than a dwarf lop, but maybe not!)

Everyone always comments on how teeny he is!

88640f23-01cd-45a9-be09-bca158a0ba4b_zps0fb747bc.jpg

r7lloj.jpg

These are the nearest I could find for size comparison, but even that first one makes him look big as he's kind of stretched out a bit there! Messy snuggles :)

The whole 'feeling his body condition' thing doesn't really work either as I can definitely feel his spine and ribs, but how much is too prominent and how much is just right?! Aargh it's so hard to know!

His heaviest was 1.65kg, but he's always maintained a rough weight of 1.52-1.55kg until now. I can't imagine him being 1.65kg, that seems massive even though it's like 200g heavier :lol:

Last edited:
I bought my buns from a breeder (before I found RU and knew better) they were both meant to be mini lops. Fudge used to weigh 1.5kg before we lost her to stassis but her sister Fidget has always been bigger than her sister and weighs 3kg but the vet believes her to be a dwarf lop and a healthy weight!!!! So not really sure which breed Fidget is lol

Back