• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to create opening shed windows, but which are meshed too?

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
Has anyone got any pics they can send of their opening shed windows but that are fully meshed over in some way to prevent predators? I'd be happy to open it entirely from the outside or the inside, as long as there was somewhere to safely mesh it entirely over.

Not got photos, but I know how. I would have mesh inside and window outside. Make a frame around the window on the inside like a picture frame and attach the mesh to that so its a little bit inside. Attach the window to the outside as normal.

We're intending to make mesh sliding screens for our shed. They will fasten on the inside but can just be slid aside to get to the window catch so the windows can be opened.

I'll see if I can get some pics this weekend? Mine aren't meshed yet, but I can show you how we'll be doing it :)

Does the window gap not have a frame around it?

If so mesh from the inside around the frame and open window from outside.

My shed window opens outwards. I've made separate wooden frames with mesh on that I can put in place and bolt on to the inside of the window frame when the window is open.

Back