• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two new Rainbow Rabbits

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I expect there are now many rabbits here that lots of you don't know. We currently have 28 here and these are the latest two.

Moth has been with us three weeks. We thought we were collecting an old but healthy rabbit that had his incisors removed. To say we were shocked when we first met him is an understatement :( He was matted, caked in his own poop, had a really runny eye and in so much pain he could barely eat. :cry: He went straight to our vet and has now had £100's worth of treatment including tooth removal/burring/x-rays and tear duct flushing. On top of that he is terrified, screaming when I first picked him up. But we are making slow progress both physically and emotionally :love:

P1070587.jpg

Tristan is another older boy with dental issues. He had his incisors removed but unfortunately one grew back and became infected at the root. He has only been with us a week and had surgery yesterday to remove the tooth. Xrays revealed an abscess in the cavity but no bone involvement so hopefully now with the right antibiotic he can make a good recovery. He is a right old grump and understandably isn;t keen on me right now. But is a confident bun that takes it all in his stride.

P1070630.jpg

P1070634.jpg

Poor Moth!! :cry: HATE the thought of a bunny screaming (fortunately haven't ever heard it). Poor love. I'm sure he's thriving with you.

Tristan is :love: look at those eyes! You've got to love a grumpy old buck though, really. ;)

:love:

I know I've seen them on fb but just had to say again how lovely they both are.:love:

Poor Moth!! :cry: HATE the thought of a bunny screaming (fortunately haven't ever heard it). Poor love. I'm sure he's thriving with you.

Tristan is :love: look at those eyes! You've got to love a grumpy old buck though, really. ;)

:love:

It was awful, he didn;t eat for 12 hours after and I had to put him in an igloo under fleece to make him feel safer :(

Thank you. They are complete opposites. Moth so scared but now comes to me for security. Tristan a confident but will run away as soon as I approach! Love them both <3

Bless them both, they are in good hands now. I must admit, not having been on RU that long, I'd never heard of Rainbow Rabbits, Have looked at your website and am just so impressed at the work you do x

Bless them both, they are in good hands now. I must admit, not having been on RU that long, I'd never heard of Rainbow Rabbits, Have looked at your website and am just so impressed at the work you do x

Our website is nearly two years out of date! One day I will find the time to sit down and sort it all out. But our fb group is really active and very friendly :)

I'm so glad these two have found a special home with you. Loads of vibes for a quick recovery from their surgery.

Tristan is sure to "come round"once he knows you are helping him and his mouth feels better.Poor little Moth.What a shock for you that he was in such a state mentally as well as physically.He already obviously knows you are caring for him.
Glad they are both safe with you.

Awww...Moth is such a cute little guy! :love: I'm so sorry he's so frightened and was in such bad shape, but I know you'll bring him round to knowing what it means to be loved and cared for and he'll gain some confidence. :) And Tristan...oh my, that last photo! :shock: That is some serious bunny disapproval there! :lol:
What a lovely couple of boys. Fallen on their feet with you, they have. :) xxxx

Moth had another check up today. He continues to sneeze since they managed to unblock his tear ducts despite a course of baytril. So today he has had another successful tear duct flush and is starting a course of septrin. Hopefully that will do the trick. Otherwise he is doing really well. I must say that for such a scared rabbit he is coping incredibly well with all his treatment :)

Back