• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dental Bunnys :(

lollypop1984

Young Bun
So its official my 2 buns both have dental issues one more so than the other. So far its looking like i will need to do it every 6 months which i don't think is that bad having see how some of you guys have to do it more often. They went to the vets 3 months ago and was given till now to try turn it around but it hasn't worked which I'm gutted about. Luckily they are small and are not causing issues but i have been advised to get it sorted before it does get worse.
Does anyone have any helpful tips for me.
Thanks

Getting them to eat as much hay/grass/forage/rabbit safe twigs such as Apple/willow/Hawthorne should help wear their teeth down. One of my bridge bunnies was a dental bunny (every 6 months) once I go her eating more hay etc by reducing her pellets down to an egg cup full per day she eventually didn't need any more dentals :thumb:

cool thank you. they get 3/4 different types of hay, hay cookies, willow and apple sticks, they have a willow ball and cardboard tube. Today i gave they some knaw blocks. They eat ss and natures touch mixed once sometimes twice a day (full portion halved) they get fresh veg and sometimes fruit everyday. Its good to know that you can get there teeth back to normal and not to have any more dentals. I have a mini rex and a mini lop.

Back