• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shelter/hideaway ideas for in shed

Lisa F

Mama Doe
I want to get a little hideaway type box for my buns to have in their new shed but, although seeing a few different ones on ebay, I think I'd rather hear/see what people actually HAVE. My boys are dwarfs so it wouldn't have to be too big, just with enough space for them both to fit in comfortably.

Any pictures/links greatly appreciated! :D

The belgian hares have a welfare hutch (they used to have it in an aviary run before we moved to a place with a smaller garden). The quad have a tiny hutch from freecycle with no door on the mesh side and the bedroom door left open. The hares go under or on theirs but rarely into it. The quad go in and under theirs and on it if they want a drink of water! I put straw inside them and (after seeing how keen they all were at going under them) underneath them as well.

Mottle and Peaches (inside atm) have a little box thing from ebay (or amazon) which has a door but they only ever sit on top of it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/BUNNY-BUSIN...&qid=1422966654&sr=8-3&keywords=run+shelters+ like this but way cheaper.

They prefer their piece of vet bed or the windowsill.

I didnt realise your two were dwarf rabbits. They do look very sweet.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bunny-Busin...=1422968419&sr=8-1&keywords=rabbit+hide+house

I've got one of these in Petes run, I had to take the base out of it though as he took to wanting to be underneath it and I was worried as to achieve this he had to dig the grass up slightly. I was terrified he'd dig so far he could escape under the run!! I was also concerned as the base is lose and I thought as he's under it he could catch himself on it. Since I removed it though he isn't interested in going underneath :lol: but likes to sit on top of it instead!

I made the box step but the hutch is the starter hutch I had when Stu was a baby it's the 4ft one well before I knew better. Plastic sheet over the mesh so the straw doesn't fall out and door removed

They use the box as a step mainly and I put empty loo rolls in to hide treats :D

I don't see them go inside the hutch much but the straw is flattened down :roll: but use it to see out of the windows :lol:

d93c140b53753661dc975dd19361f6c1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back